Post your home-made lanyard photos! (Part 2)

Stormdrane

Enlightened
I have a TK35, and would like to make a lanyard attached to the light that I can put on my wrist ir clip to a belt loop. Can't anyone head me in the right direction on how to make one? Thanks. I really don't want to have to fork out money I don't have for a book.

Lots of online knotty info and tutorials, here's one that's not too difficult from KHWW.net, that I've used for a wrist lanyard before. A couple of the examples I show had Turk's head knots tied over the doubled lanyard knot. You can decide on how big the loops are on each side of the knot, for adding clips/attachments or tying directly onto your flashlight, etc.. ;)

nowayitskevin

Newly Enlightened
Not really a lanyard, but home-made, functional, paracord, and helps with retrieval! It prevents accidental "hot pocket" syndrome since I carry it in my pocket switch facing up. I can push downward on it without worrying about it turning one.

Kinda looks like my h51 is a founding father now =P
qiOD9iB.jpg

RRIMxpU.jpg

Picture of my pressing down without activating the switch.
oUN9bMI.jpg

Moves away easily for use.
WlLpsJJ.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extra grip for my pinky finger & allows me to pull it out of my pocket in an instance.

qa2ubunu.jpg

My attempt with a single & tri colored 9 fold monkey's fist, using a golf ball as the core.

agumujum.jpg

- JonK

Last edited:

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
My favorite EDC (Surefire E1e with KX2c, E2d tailcap and E1b 2-way-clip) with a simple, but simply the best lanyard IMO. Break away connectors which secures the light but with a hard pull the parts "break". I love those and use them for many parts of my gear:

20130508223849.jpg

Last edited:

piglet

Newly Enlightened
This thread got me into making things with paracord - here's my first fob.

(It's a round crown sinnet with singed ends)

Last edited:

piglet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! You're right, it's a Mcgizmo, I got one for my gf so I know she'll have a torch with her if she needs one.

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
Here is my latest creation
IMG_0001-2-1.jpg

IMG_0007-2.jpg

Made it for they other half so she doesn't steal my gear! :)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really a lanyard, but home-made, functional, paracord, and helps with retrieval! It prevents accidental "hot pocket" syndrome since I carry it in my pocket switch facing up. I can push downward on it without worrying about it turning one.

Kinda looks like my h51 is a founding father now =P
qiOD9iB.jpg

RRIMxpU.jpg

Picture of my pressing down without activating the switch.
oUN9bMI.jpg

Moves away easily for use.
WlLpsJJ.jpg

I'm late but that is a ridiculously good idea! nice work man!

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing this :)
How much length did you need?

The lanyard was tied with 'Type I' paracord/accessory/dummy cord(1/16"), using about 15 feet of the dark olive drab and 7 feet of navy blue, for a finished lanyard around 18 inches long with the snap hook.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
What are good sources for reflective lanyard material? I'm looking for something I can use to make small simple lanyards or loops to help find flashlights in the dark, as well as use for tent cord for the fly, etc. Thanks. I saw some that was OK in WMart, but that stuff is mediocre and $8.00 for 50 feet.

piglet

Newly Enlightened
I got some on aliexpress.com. Search for reflective paracord. You might as well pick up some snap hooks too.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/234981216.html $11.39 for 100 ft. The seller has some gitd paracord too.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/234210865.html $33 for 100. Nowhere near the finish of a McGizmo or a Marantec, but seem pretty good if you're just starting out with paracord and don't want to spend several dollars per fob. Using them on my key ring now - no problems.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lanyard was tied with 'Type I' paracord/accessory/dummy cord(1/16"), using about 15 feet of the dark olive drab and 7 feet of navy blue, for a finished lanyard around 18 inches long with the snap hook.

Thanks! :twothumbs: seems like I might go that way