Post your Pelican case setup!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like th pick n pluck to me, no matter how many times i get a pelican case i can never get that perfect.

jchoo

Enlightened
The trick is to not overpluck it. I just got a new 1510NF to use as a carry-on bag for my trip to England. I also got the 1519 organizer with it - I love it!

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Meganoggin,

Another quick question, did you use the pick n pluck foam? It looks like the lights fit the foam perfectly.

Yep, pick & pluck, as jchoo says, dont take too much out, you can then nestle the item in and the foam will conform to the object.. The best advice I can give is take your time and remove small amounts of foam, then check for fit and remove more if you need to - good luck ;)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for you! The smaller one is further up the thread - note the space for more gear :devil:

hpim1228.jpg

By the way - nice set up Kiwi SG :thumbsup:

Wow Meganog, you do like your TLS T5s
Are they all the Q5 SMO reflector versions ? or have you modded them ?
Shame KD dont sell them any more :(

I think I got one of the last ones before they where taken down from the site :D

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Wow Meganog, you do like your TLS T5s
Are they all the Q5 SMO reflector versions ? or have you modded them ?
Shame KD dont sell them any more :(

I think I got one of the last ones before they where taken down from the site :D

From the left we have Q5 with smooth reflector, MC-E with light orange peel reflector :devil: , R2 with smooth reflector and finally R2 with light orange peel reflector. They are real versatile aren't they!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the left we have Q5 with smooth reflector, MC-E with light orange peel reflector :devil: , R2 with smooth reflector and finally R2 with light orange peel reflector. They are real versatile aren't they!

I was only able to get a Q5 smooth reflector :(
I installed a Diamond Dragon but the beam aint pretty ..... it desparately
needs an OP reflector.
If you ever decide to sell one of the OP versions let me know :D

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Pelican cases were yellow (1400, 1500, 1010), black (1120) and orange (1120). After that I bought 4 OD-green 1200 cases from lighthound and finally got to the point I couldn´t stand the boring yellow and so on. So I bought three cans of Krylon Camouflage spray paint (khaki, olive, brown / totally matte) and started painting my 1400 as well as both 1120 and the 1010. Unfortunatelly the khaki was empty very quick (lasted for the 1400 and one 1120). I used the khaki for the complete case and used olive and brown one after another with some leafs to get the camouflage look. I am really pleased how it turned out, at least with the khaki (the 1120 on the right is a little too dark in person).

Now I have to wait a week until the paint gets chip resistant until I can put them to use again. If it holds up good I´ll get two additional khaki cans and will paint my 1500case too.

peli-camouflage.jpg

Last edited:

ARA

Enlightened
Hey that looks really good, any special painting techniques ??

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I painted the case completly with khaki. After that I used olive followed by brown. The leafs should not touch the cases and the spray paint should be aimed directly at the branch. Otherwise you´ll have too much darker paint covering the lighter colours and you won´t be able to have new leaf outlines in these parts. I used the brown only very little because it would cover too much of the other colours. I´d say using khaki for the complete case and olive to apply the leaf outline camouflage should be enough after all, you don´t have to buy the brown too.

Since I am not the creative one but only a copycat you could have a look here: http://www.krylon.com/projects/sports-recreation/camo-4wd-sidekick/ That´s where I got the idea from.

Eric

Last edited:

ARA

Enlightened
Thank you for explaining and the link

You did a gr8 job, Looks really very good.
cheers

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My peli...a 1450 case...

Camcorder, Coast multi-LED, E1L, M6 w/ FM47, SPARE Loaded MB20, Loaded Spares Carrier w/ spare MN20, and VIP Signal Light

HPIM1123.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Pelican 1150 case with MD3 & MD4 Wildcat

2uxu45x.jpg