Inside the New York Public Library
p1000367nypllight.jpg

Clue to the location in the photo
p1000229wallstbroadway.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge
p1000216brooklynbridge.jpg

shramj

Newly Enlightened
SimulatedZero, those are some awesome shots, can't believe you did that with a cell camera.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Those are some of the best shots of NYC I've ever seen . . . And I'm from here.

unnerv

Enlightened
Has anyone here used any image stacking software? Macro Photography has a very shallow depth of field. Image stacking allows multiple pictures to be stacked creating a picture that has a lot more in focus. This would have to be done with stationary subjects as multiple pictures of the subject have to be taken.

while I have not done it, the macro guys on photography on the net are experts. Take a look for LordV in the macro subforum. He does spectacular stacking.
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are some of the best shots of NYC I've ever seen . . . And I'm from here.

NYC is such a wonderful place, after only a brief visit I want to live there!

The old adage, "the best camera is the one you have with you" is very true. As an enthusiastic photographer, when travelling I can't take all the gear with me, but recently had a revelation when I found the Panasonic Lumix LX5. It is like having a SLR in your pocket with an F2.0 lens with 24-90 zoom and full manual control. The two night time shots were hand held.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Please keep in mind the rule for posting pictures on CPF, quite a number of images in this sub forum exceed the maximum allowable image size of 800 X 800 Pixels.

Please see Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Norm

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Here are some shots from the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial.

This first one is a stuffed animal found in the rubble of the daycare center:
022312073-picsay.jpg

This one shows the time of the initial explosion:
022312037.jpg

Reflecting Pond:
022312045.jpg

Message on the wall from one of the SAR teams.
022312059.jpg

Tree that survived the blast:
022312057.jpg

One chair for each of the victims:
chairwide-picsay.jpg

Close up of one of the chairs.
022312048.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This one shows the time of the initial explosion:
022312037.jpg

Reflecting Pond:
022312045.jpg

Actually, the bomb went off at 9:02.

The 9:01 on one side and the 9:03 on the opposite side are meant to show how peaceful everything was up to 9:01 and then how everything would never be the same by 9:03. Symbolically, you approach the memorial facing 9:01, and exit out the other side of the opening at 9:03.

Greta

Flashaholic
Photos of the May 20, 2012 solar eclipse - taken in Las Vegas, NV. The eclipse was not total there - it only got to about 94%.

Infrared filter used.
eclipse1.jpg

Black and white - no filter - beginning of eclipse.
eclipse2.jpg

Infrared filter used.
eclipse3.jpg

Infrared filter used - as complete as it was going to get from our vantage point - about 94%.
eclipse4.jpg

Infrared filter used.
eclipse5.jpg

Infrared filter used - eclipse complete and coming out the other side.
eclipse6.jpg

No filters used. Lens flare shows upside-down and backwards image of eclipse.
eclipse7.jpg

This one is just goofy - infrared filter held in front of iPhone lens. Very odd lens flare!
eclipse8.jpg

Esko

Enlightened
Has anyone here used any image stacking software? Macro Photography has a very shallow depth of field. Image stacking allows multiple pictures to be stacked creating a picture that has a lot more in focus. This would have to be done with stationary subjects as multiple pictures of the subject have to be taken.

I have used CombineZP in a few photographs. Some seeds and seedlings pics taken under microscope, and some other taken with conventional DSLR setup. It is simple and quick to use and you can get if for free (GNU Public License). Some pics didn't turn out looking completely natural (at least if viewed at 100%), but for a very casual work and casual needs, it is a nice and useful tool.

Just take enough photographs. It looks weird if there is an unsharp layer in the middle of the depth of field.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That little kitten is the spitting image of the one I used to feed at one of my old jobs. Sadly, he was a stray and very frightened much if not all of the time. He got caught one day, and put down. I miss the little guy. Hope the one in the pic is having a happier life.