Post your photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
We were on our way to a Front 242 gig in Strasbourg yesterday when we decided against a day the city due to the bad weather. We took a little detour and visited Fort Schoenenbourg before the gig.

k-exit.jpg

k-usine.jpg

k-schalter.jpg

k-tunnel1.jpg

k-tunnel2.jpg

and a flashlight related image

k-licht1.jpg

k-eingang.jpg

Last edited:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is inside "Rock House", a cave like structure half way up the side of a cliff in Hocking State Forest (OH). It has several openings like the one you see in the back ground, but it is rather dark inside. I used my Maratac AAA EDC to help me avoid tripping on the uneven ground inside.

rockhouse.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
Not as amazing as recently posted shots, but this shows my PD-S likes to travel (taken in Machu Picchu, Perú):

IMG_7584.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

Last edited:

Max_Power

Enlightened
Wow, such cool images guys.

Here are a couple of my favorite that is either flashlight related or taken at night.

The tree was lit by the Zebralight warm under a full moon night. The warmer tones of the light rendered the bark more true to color than with a cooler LED colored tint would have.
4631113594_c347249af5_z.jpg

This shot of the Milky way was taken in nearly perfect dark skies away from big city light pollution.
4917385158_a2a9a8ce9c.jpg

I love these photos! You must live in the outback or something... I live in the SF Bay Area and it would take a long drive to get to skies as dark as these. Is the Milky Way shot a guided or unguided exposure?

In the past I've taken some photos of my small garden by using a neutral-warm tint MC-E flashlight to paint the scenery, and it turned out pretty nicely... I'll get around to uploading a couple of my favorites and post them here. Just set up the camera on a tripod, use auto exposure, hit the shutter button, and paint with light till the camera has collected enough light to close the shutter. DSLR gives instant feedback on what the photo looks like, so you can try again with lighting emphasis placed where needed.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch, that fish hook :eek:

It is interesting the explosion of photography in the digital age. I grew up with film, had several camera bags with many camera bodies, lenses and film types. Photography was something you had to take seriously and there were fewer 'photographers' around. Now everyone is a photographer!

Looking through this thread, there are some outstanding photos. Really really good, and thank you for posting them :thumbsup:. There are also a lot of really bad photos, the result of laziness, lack of any compositional awareness (which cropping can so easily improve), or the syndrome of 'I have a camera, so I am a photographer' which make me wonder why they were posted. Often a 'bad' photo has a memory associated with it, which makes the photo mean something to the individual who took it. This is where you need to think if it is a great photo or just something you want to remember. Come on, can you really not tell the difference?

Maybe I have been a bit harsh....

The thread starter was asking for constructive criticism to help, but I haven't seen any replies on these lines, just everyone manically posting their pictures that they want to show off. Does anyone want feedback, or just the odd thumbs up?

Status
Not open for further replies.