Post your photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Ouch, that fish hook :eek:

It is interesting the explosion of photography in the digital age. I grew up with film, had several camera bags with many camera bodies, lenses and film types. Photography was something you had to take seriously and there were fewer 'photographers' around. Now everyone is a photographer!

Looking through this thread, there are some outstanding photos. Really really good, and thank you for posting them :thumbsup:. There are also a lot of really bad photos, the result of laziness, lack of any compositional awareness (which cropping can so easily improve), or the syndrome of 'I have a camera, so I am a photographer' which make me wonder why they were posted. Often a 'bad' photo has a memory associated with it, which makes the photo mean something to the individual who took it. This is where you need to think if it is a great photo or just something you want to remember. Come on, can you really not tell the difference?

Maybe I have been a bit harsh....

The thread starter was asking for constructive criticism to help, but I haven't seen any replies on these lines, just everyone manically posting their pictures that they want to show off. Does anyone want feedback, or just the odd thumbs up?

I think that your answer would be applicable if this thread was on a photography forum, but I think its just a fun-thread for a forum of flashlight enthusiasts.

Therefore, its inevitable that some people will not take it as seriously as others.

Perhaps, you are taking it a little too seriously? :)

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that your answer would be applicable if this thread was on a photography forum, but I think its just a fun-thread for a forum of flashlight enthusiasts.

Therefore, its inevitable that some people will not take it as seriously as others.

Perhaps, you are taking it a little too seriously? :)

Agreed.

I've posted a couple of photos here that I would never have posted on the Pentax forum...given the "feedback" that I would have received.

I'm sure that some here realize that they are not the greatest photographers, but I think the FUN part of this thread needs to be left at just that - FUN. :thumbsup:

palakaboy

Newly Enlightened
my first post here in CPF..

5090561029_faab6e2b49_z.jpg

5040921519_06c268c017_z.jpg

4804611540_2502b86421_z.jpg

:)

Erich1B

Newly Enlightened
Three macro shots of Amaryllis stamen/anthers taken with an AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED on a D700 camera body. Tripod mounted, natural light

Click on each image for full-sized view.

Hillsborough River, Tampa, FL. AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II. CPL and 3 stop ND filter. Tripod mounted.

Last edited:

Max_Power

Enlightened
Keep the photos coming, I am enjoying them all!

Sunset at Russian Ridge

D7K_0668 by A_Super_Guy, on Flickr

Here's a spectacular sunset taken from CA-35 (Skyline Blvd) at Windy Hill Open Space Preserve.
Can you see the golden dolphin in the top left?

D7K_0849 by A_Super_Guy, on Flickr

The golden dolphin is more obvious in this one.

D7K_0870 by A_Super_Guy, on Flickr

Wide-angle shot of the same thing:

D7K_0838 by A_Super_Guy, on Flickr

Click on the photos to see larger version... it's worth a look at the full 16 MPixels.

Last edited:

Erich1B

Newly Enlightened
Click on image to view full size

Macro of Honeybees

B&W Image of a Suspension Bridge

Whelk Egg Case

Status
Not open for further replies.