PT EOS throwback

darklord

Newly Enlightened
I've got PrincetonTec EOS which I think (?) I bought in 2009....between 2007 and 2010, anyway. Inside the battery compartment it's got a little sticker that says '0309' on it. It's black with the '4 Mode' and 'H2O' decals to either side of the housing, and it's got a single ratchet on the back plate tilt mechanism. Tint seems to be neutral/warm, definitely not cold white.

Question: is this a 50 lumen or 70 lumen model?

And can anyone point me to the output/runtime specs? I believe it's regulated, but no idea how long for. I'd really like to know the original specs.

I know it's a bit of a throwback, but turned it out of a box in the garage and think it's still quite a serviceable light. Sure, it hasn't got the output of todays lamps, but it seems adequate and may have the benefit of runtime....if I can find the specs!

Thanks

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't know the specs but it's easily modded with a modern emitter on a 20mm star. I used 17mm reflectors too but a 20mm flood optic or diffusion film is likely better for short to medium range use.

Edit. I think later 70 lumen models used a rebel LED and frosted optic. It was originally luxeon with clear optic. I used to mod a lot of these.

Last edited:

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Actually guys, the 50 Lumen model had a rebel in it too. Very warm emitter, probably my first warm light and it surprised me when I first switched on. I've got one at home. From memory....the output was: 50L for 1hr regulated, then drop off.............25L for 10 hours regulated, then drop off, ....and I can't remember the low specs....

I might even have the instruction sheet in a box, I will take a look for you when I get home later.

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Well, I had a look for the manual sheet, but couldn't find it....sorry...but now I seem to remember that the low mode may have been 7 lumens for 30 hrs...or something like that...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I think the one with the frosted optic is the 70 lumen model. I have several and they're still good. I do remember a 35 lumen model as well (could be wrong) so not sure what the LED is in the 50 or 70 lumen model. Maybe Rebel. Last time I checked they were 105 lumens for the new ones.

darklord

Newly Enlightened
Guys, sorry to be so late getting back - got distracted ;)

Mine's got a frosted optic, so I'll guess that's the 70 lumen job, then? But can anyone point me in direction of the original specs/runtimes? It's got Hi/Med/Low/blink modes. High is not as important to me, it's Med/Low which are my most used levels.

Stevie - thanks for suggested runtimes, there. May not be far off the 70, really.

Gunga - thanks for the mod ideas. Unfortunately I don't mod - wouldn't know how to, don't want to! ;)

Last edited: