• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run *close*

warmurf

Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run

Yes, can be up to a couple of hundred lumens higher, but it doesn't last as the battery begins to sag. I have a direct drive version and I can see quite a difference within the first 30 seconds with the IMR being noticably brighter, and get hotter fast. But if I'm going to take the light along for a walk I'll take it out with a protected cell for the longer run time and heat management.

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, very much appreciate the info and education.. And as I'm beginning to understand if they were direct drive the IMRs would be much brighter?

Chrisdm, please read the descriptions on this page about 18650 battery types and amp draw.
The first type (Lithium Cobalt) is the typical 18650 I think you have many of.
The second type (Lithium Manganese) is IMR.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/types_of_lithium_ion

To me the real benefit of the IMR is safety. I have a few always charged so I can have a fresh one when I need it.

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened

Chrisdm, please read the descriptions on this page about 18650 battery types and amp draw.
The first type (Lithium Cobalt) is the typical 18650 I think you have many of.
The second type (Lithium Manganese) is IMR.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/types_of_lithium_ion

To me the real benefit of the IMR is safety. I have a few always charged so I can have a fresh one when I need it.

If you had seen my grades in chemistry you would have known better than to share that link with me... Just kidding! (Sort-of.. :)) I appreciate the info, I will try to comprehend a fraction of it.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run *open*

Thanks Kenji The quad turned up today fast service again with your usual outstanding quality.

Now all I need is a host for it :sssh:

cheers

EDIT: Pure blue is now my favorite GITD

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

I´m about to get one of the 5.6A modules. Im just no quite sure if I should get a direct drive or regulated dropin? Since they are both driven @ 5.6A I assume they share the same brightness? (apart from the fact that the regulated dropin keeps the brightness level longer than the DD unit and the fact that the DD one is initially brighter when IRM cells are used).

Thanks
Eric

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm surprised to read this. If amps are regulated then at 5.6 amps imr should actually give more runtime not less. If dd imr will give more amps thus run out of power faster. 2900mah li ions do only provide that much runtime at around one amp. At high amperage they actually have less mah than 2200 mah li ions or 1600 mah imr.

Anyway, I digress...from those of you who own a similar quad could you tell me how long you can run it on 18650 sized battery before the head or battery gets too hot to continue ?

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised to read this. If amps are regulated then at 5.6 amps imr should actually give more runtime not less. If dd imr will give more amps thus run out of power faster. 2900mah li ions do only provide that much runtime at around one amp. At high amperage they actually have less mah than 2200 mah li ions or 1600 mah imr.

Anyway, I digress...from those of you who own a similar quad could you tell me how long you can run it on 18650 sized battery before the head or battery gets too hot to continue ?

Yes the 5.6 Should run longer since the xp-g's can handle more current and will pull a little more when direct driving.

The head gets hotter than I like at about 2 minutes. It runs for a total of maybe 20 on high. The head always gets hot before the IMR, I don't even worry about battery temps as long as I pay attention to the head.

Edit:
I had to go back and test this after thinking about it today. 2 minutes on high was all it took to get hotttt!(5.6a) I originally said 4, and I think you could go past 2 but I didn't want to hold it any longer. Maybe in the winter its a different story but it's been 60-70 degrees here and 2 min was all I wanted to do. Hope that helps

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened

If I hand my time again I would have probably got a regulated version, just so I could use it in a FM 26650 host with the larger battery capacity (4000mAh). I've got a Cyros bezel on mine so I can run it at full bore for about up to 10 minutes if using hand regulation as well. There is quite a noticable difference in start-up on an IMR however that drops within a couple of minutes. I often run mine with a protected cell just for the peace of mind. Only use good quailty cells with this light. I've found even red and blacks play up in it.

kerberos0023

Enlightened

Hi kengostar,

Thank you for your repeat orders.
I received payment! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Kenji :grin2:

kengostar

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs
Received my Quad 90CRI today.
Very nice work, nice tint!

Thanks kerberos:thumbsup:

kerberos0023

Enlightened

Hello Kenji

Do ou also offer Dropins with 10621 "more spot" optics? I love your Quad Dropins, I have a XP-G R5 and a 90CRI and are happy with both, but sometimes a little more spot would be great. :)

Berst regards

WoL
Hi Wol,

Thank you for your repeat orders. :thumbsup:
I received payment.

Thanks,

Last edited:

kerberos0023

Enlightened

Hi mfredom,

Thank you for your orders. :thumbsup:
I received payment.

Thanks,

kerberos0023

Enlightened

Hi atsuo kouchi,

Thank you for your orders. :thumbsup:
I received payment.

Thanks,

genius5th

Newly Enlightened

hey Kenji
heard about your awesome work. Can I get a QUAD 5.6a 3 mode green GITD?
PM me your payment info