Quality SMO Reflector for C/D Mag Mods

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know where I can get a quality SMO reflector for my mag mods right now? I have had issues with two of the reflectors I've gotten from Kaidomain, so I don't want to get them from there.

I just checked with FiveMega, and he only has MOP reflectors left.

I know Litho123 had some a while back, but it doesn't look like he is selling them any more.

Anyone else have (quality) SMO reflector?

Thanks!

Rich

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get yourself and FM3H-2, or FM3V-2 SMO.
Boy, wouldn't that be nice...:devil:

However, I unfortunately can't spend the $160+ when I truly only need a ~$30 SMO reflector.

Was FiveMega (and Kai) the only source for a SMO reflector??

I have a 5761 screaming for throw...

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must be in tune with your bulbs. Mine just sit there quietly! :devil:

Only SMO I ever got were from FM....in various bulb bore sizes.
Yours sit there quietly because they know they're getting ready to be hit with 24 volts! :devil:

Thanks LuxLuthor. Looks like it's Kai or MOP at this point then. The Kaidomain reflectors seem ok, but the first SMO I got had a big smudge on the reflector, and when I tried to gently clean it with a soft cloth, hairline scratches everywhere... The second SMO I got from them had a very large hole - as big as the stock mag.

Oh well - I got a MOP from FiveMega, so that will do for now.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yours sit there quietly because they know they're getting ready to be hit with 24 volts! :devil:

Thanks LuxLuthor. Looks like it's Kai or MOP at this point then. The Kaidomain reflectors seem ok, but the first SMO I got had a big smudge on the reflector, and when I tried to gently clean it with a soft cloth, hairline scratches everywhere... The second SMO I got from them had a very large hole - as big as the stock mag.

Oh well - I got a MOP from FiveMega, so that will do for now.

I had a version 1 smooth reflector from Kai that was lop sided so it didn't sit straight in a Mag head. It also had the stock size bulb opening I think.
I currently have a version 2 smooth reflector on order with the 8.4mm opening. It *should* give substantially more output since much less light will be lost compared to my large opening HS reflector from Fivemega.
I'll do a little write up when I get it and post back here.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a version 1 smooth reflector from Kai that was lop sided so it didn't sit straight in a Mag head. It also had the stock size bulb opening I think.
I currently have a version 2 smooth reflector on order with the 8.4mm opening. It *should* give substantially more output since much less light will be lost compared to my large opening HS reflector from Fivemega.
I'll do a little write up when I get it and post back here.
Thanks adirondackdestroyer. I'll look for your review. I was just out on Kai's site. I may go ahead and order v2 SMO as well since I really do want more throw for my 5761 and it seems to be my only option now.

Latest posts