Quark Moonlight Runtime Test

hoongern

Enlightened
Oh man, I was hoping it would reach 477 hours... Although I guess that's 2Sevens, not 4Sevens.

Someone should try the 2x123 head with 2xAA body, and 2x SAFT 3.6v 14500 Li-SOCL2 2600mah primary cells! I expect it would be even better as the buck driver should be more efficient at those higher voltages as well, than the boost driver!

Let's say the AA Alkaline has ~4Wh of energy. 2x Li-SOCL2 cells should have 18.7Wh of energy!!! That would work out to OVER 2000hrs of runtime! (about 3 months) Either that's crazy, or my math is wrong :D

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well folks, the Quark has gone dark!!!

At Midnight (hour 468) the flickering was more pronounced and by 4am, it was off. I'll split that and call it an even 470 hours continuous until off (19.6 days). The ending voltage on the Duracell was .77v

What a run, eh?

Damn! So close! Just 10 more hours to 200% rated runtime... :(

Darvis

Enlightened
The Lithium AAs have been purchased, next runtime test to begin at 9pm ET tonight

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Oh man, I was hoping it would reach 477 hours... Although I guess that's 2Sevens, not 4Sevens.

Someone should try the 2x123 head with 2xAA body, and 2x SAFT 3.6v 14500 Li-SOCL2 2600mah primary cells! I expect it would be even better as the buck driver should be more efficient at those higher voltages as well, than the boost driver!

Let's say the AA Alkaline has ~4Wh of energy. 2x Li-SOCL2 cells should have 18.7Wh of energy!!! That would work out to OVER 2000hrs of runtime! (about 3 months) Either that's crazy, or my math is wrong :D

your math is right. regarding the probably noticably more efficient driver, it should be even more.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darvis, instead of making it a quark low runtime thread, should you not make it a general thread and that way we can post all tests there like we talked about? That way others with other lights can just get in there instead of doing more threads, OR, would it be better to split threads up into different brands or something...?

Just asking?

Something like.."We do Low Mode Runtime tests here, come on in.." or sumptin' like that..

Darvis

Enlightened
Darvis, instead of making it a quark low runtime thread, should you not make it a general thread and that way we can post all tests there like we talked about? That way others with other lights can just get in there instead of doing more threads, OR, would it be better to split threads up into different brands or something...?

Just asking?

Something like.."We do Low Mode Runtime tests here, come on in.." or sumptin' like that..

My only concern is that a thread of that nature would become to difficult to manage, especially sine the OP would be the only one that would be able to edit the original post. There was talk of using a public spreadsheet and Wantsusa has a 4Sevens general thread going...

I'm not sure what the best approch is? thoughts?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it would probably be too big, like you said. Too bad there isn't a way to have all these linked together somehow..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehehehe, well, the thing is, I'm not sure what I would want to be doable so to speak...I just feel there should be something else so to speak :)

Latest posts