• Regular

Votes: 75 34.6%
  • Tactical

Votes: 142 65.4%

• Total voters

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quark AA R5 tactical vs regular

Just ordered the "Pro" Quark 1 CR123 wouldnt have it any other way. The times you are talking about to turn the light off to get back to a lower mode is so slight it is practacily non existent. I like the preset modes and the .02 the best. But thats me. Being stuck with just two modes at any one time. Well I think that to be not so bright LOL> But thats me and to each his own. I hope you are enjoying what ever it is you bought. Cheers. Also I am a fan at single cell lights. You never run the risk of putting one that has been discharged a bit with a new one. Again with a little common sense of course you just wait till both have expired at the same time. But what if you run into a situation that you only have one fresh cell.

Last edited:

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quark AA R5 tactical vs regular

I voted for the regular based on my need for a general purpose/camping light. I like being able to access all of the modes. I like the flush clicky because it has IMO a less likelyhood of being turned on accidentally and less likely to tear the rubber boot if the tail cap was bumped on something sharp. I didn't think I would ever need the tailstanding feature and just last week I used this feature for the first time in a dark bathroom. Was it totally necessary? No, but it was handy to have.
With all that said, if you are going to use this light for a tactical purpose ie...house clearing, the tactical wins hands down. You don't need more than two modes for tactical purposes and having the light coming on at the desired setting is a must. Momentary on is a must IMO. I will caution of using more than 120 lumens for house clearing. Waking up in the middle of a hard sleep and accidentally hitting a wall three feet in front of you with too many lumens will cause temporary blindness for 3 to 5 seconds and that's alot of time in the bad guys favor. I know this from personal experience.
I don't feel tah either of these particular lights are the best for tactical purposes anyway because of the lack of a tactical ring but that is just my personal preferance.