Quark Ti *Warnings*

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, I thought David had warned us a bit this already.

For me, I don't use clips anyway, first thing i'm going do when i get mine is a taking off all the stupid clips and install the lanyards! =D

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You forgot to mention that this concerns only the AA and the 123 if it has a clip.

The AA-2 and the 123-2 are not concerned.

I'll bend the clip as soon as I get the light, before turning anything.

I wonder too how a steel clip can gouge the titanium? I know that polished titanium gets scratched very easily, but a ti-scratch is another thing than what I see here!!!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there was no notification from 4Sevens regarding this issue, somebody's gotta post it a big warning.

No message by email.
No warning slip in the box.
No warning thread in 4Sevens forum.

I guess I don't mind being the "poster child" :candle:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my clip reversed on my Quark AA tactical and will do so when I get my Ti Quark. I did not like the way the clip scratched the head when changing from low to high. I prefer the clip reversed anyway so I can clip it to the bill of my ballcap.

I like charater marks on a light but having a scratch like the one posted would bother me. I like to look at scratches and appreciate that I got them when I dropped it on a trip or while working on something. Seeing a scratch cause by just changing a battery or switching modes is different and not the kind of mark I would want on a Ti light. Just my opinion I guess.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
No R.I.P., see picture on page 2 :)

Last edited:

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
I agree, a thread like this is a public service to all those who have yet to receive their Ti beauties. I guess it's a bit of a reward for having to wait so long.

I sure wish I it had been around before I unboxed my TiQ...in the car, before I even made it home. :p The pristine finish didn't last 30 seconds after the package was opened. :eek:

For me personally, the scratch will be the first of many, but like Oddjob said, it's much more satisfying when a mark has ben earned, and has a story to go along with it. :thumbsup:

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me, I don't use clips anyway, first thing i'm going do when i get mine is a taking off all the stupid clips and install the lanyards! =D

Precisely what I did for mine.:D

That said, when I was removing the clip I put a piece of paper between it and the body before I did so. Dunno if I would've scratched something without it, but I'd do it again.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
This doesn't apply to my 2x123 model, but I swear I saw 4sevens warn about this before people got their hands on them.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This doesn't apply to my 2x123 model, but I swear I saw 4sevens warn about this before people got their hands on them.

I think I came across that too. But I doubt all owners of the 750 lights will get to read that.

Dan FO

Enlightened
I have my clip reversed on my Quark AA tactical and will do so when I get my Ti Quark. I did not like the way the clip scratched the head when changing from low to high. I prefer the clip reversed anyway so I can clip it to the bill of my ballcap.

Does anyone have a picture of the reversed clip on a Quark Ti AA?

recDNA

Flashaholic

He did but it was in the Marketplace. I don't know if you got any warning if you don't visit the Marketplace Forum.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I read through the 4sevens posts in the thread and found it after half an hour.

Everytime 4Sevens posted an announcement, it was in bold blue.

In this post, he was answering a question about number of units, then tagged along the comment about the clip. No wonder I missed it. And it was in plain text, not bold or colorful.

Last edited:

flasherByNight

Enlightened
imo there's not nearly enough FAQ's/Stickies/Summary type threads etc.
A handful of stickies would drastically reduce the number of redundant threads.

Frankly my post in my signature is technically nothing BUT "crossposting", but a lot of people still found it handy. :poke:

This desire to have a SINGLE thread about each and every flashlight and no others is very bizarre to me. You get these unwieldy threads that are hundreds of pages long. Then the classic "Search!"...in this case it's like....oh yeah, you're right, I should have searched for "Quark Ti clip scratches body" :shakehead [/miniRant]

FFR 4sevens, you really ought to have considered emailing everyone...would save you a lot of future heartache

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
I feel for ya guy!. That sucks, I've done a few things like that as well - like running a brand new air compressor with no oil in it...A little bit more expensive than your gaffe.

That gouge looks deeper than the serial number engraving!

One thought might be to not have the clips even installed on any model when it ships. (Except for the 123 w/ clip model of course.). I don't know how this would go over with non-flashaholics though. 4sevens probably has an opinion on that.

recDNA

Flashaholic
imo there's not nearly enough FAQ's/Stickies/Summary type threads etc.
A handful of stickies would drastically reduce the number of redundant threads.

Frankly my post in my signature is technically nothing BUT "crossposting", but a lot of people still found it handy. :poke:

This desire to have a SINGLE thread about each and every flashlight and no others is very bizarre to me. You get these unwieldy threads that are hundreds of pages long. Then the classic "Search!"...in this case it's like....oh yeah, you're right, I should have searched for "Quark Ti clip scratches body" :shakehead [/miniRant]

FFR 4sevens, you really ought to have considered emailing everyone...would save you a lot of future heartache

If you want to be sure he sees it post your reply in his thread in the Marketplace. I saw the warning there in plenty of time...but had no alternative...either take the one with the clip or your money back. I simply would have preferred a different model but they're all sold out.