Quarks failed. I need a new pocket light

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
daberti - did you check if the batteries are fresh? you wouldn't believe how many lights that come back with complaints that it doesn't work when actually it's the batteries were dead. Also sometimes people don't tighten down the tail, the clip retaining ring or somethings the switch module retaining ring. You should give up, send our customer service an email and we'll get it straightened out.

I did a check with my DMM and the light works. So is retaining ring/switch/battery tube.
I tried with its 18650 battery tube and the same switch and it works. No way I would spend 16EUR to ship it back for a battery tube, hope you'll understand me :kiss:
Thanks

passive101

Enlightened
Where does Quark need to be shipped back to? I'm in the USA and know that 16 Euros is the cost of a new cheaper light

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Where does Quark need to be shipped back to? I'm in the USA and know that 16 Euros is the cost of a new cheaper light

Ehm...I'm in Italy and 16EUR is the cost of a Registered Airmail ;)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ship them airmail without insurance, without batteries or any accessories. It shouldn't be more than $5 usd.

david

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Ship them airmail without insurance, without batteries or any accessories. It shouldn't be more than $5 usd.

david

The only way to ship it via Airmail is Registered (that includes airmail delivery).
6USD are barely enough to ship Registered mail Italy->Italy
Thus I'll use it with its own 18650 batt tube.

Other than this I've two major complaints.
1)The black hole in the center of the beam is there
2)A little more "material" to fight against heat

Cave_Dweller

Newly Enlightened
I've discovered if I don't loosen the head of my 123-2* Tactical XP-G far enough it doesn't switch modes properly. <snip>

I'm now careful to twist-loosen the head at least a half-turn

Ditto - I get similar behaviour with my mini 123. The unfortunate upshot is that changing modes goes from being a simple 'one handed twist' operation to being much easier to do with two hands, which is a real downer, especially on such a small light.

It's not every time, but it happens often enough to be annoying. Still love the light though - it's always in my pocket.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry, well the LX1 if you want to wait, or the current L1 is still a great light. Not 200 lumens, but still bright.

Buy an L1.

Send it to MilkySpit for him to mod it for you.

Now you have a light that'll be just as tough as an LX1, but it'll still be brighter by the time Surefire eventually releases the LX1.

Ooops! There goes my blatant honesty running away from me again. :sssh:

hiker123

Newly Enlightened
I have a 123a Mini and a 2x 123a regular Quark. Both lights have progressively gotten worse with the same problem. When they are on the lower settings if there is a slight bump or if it's just sitting on a desk (tail standing) it bumps to the next level and keeps going cycling.

This is NOT a quark rip thread. I simply need a new pocket light. I know Quark will probably fix them under warranty. Only 1 of them was ever dropped.

I need one that has a pocket clip. I need it small short and able to stick into the pocket well. I'd prefer it to be as close to 200 lumens as possible. A single 123A would be ideal.

It's getting to be storm season and the lights have gone out where I work 2x now.

In the very near future is something new and better coming out? I'm open to suggestions. I just want it to be built a bit more durable.

I had the same problem. In head loosen mode the slightest tap - like my finger - would make the light change mode. And it's not because I haven't loosened it enough!!! (Lamest excuse if I ever heard one to cover up a problem). Hopefully you get a new light you can count on.
Cheers

Joe Hone

Newly Enlightened
I know you have already bought a replacement light, but if that one doesn't suit your needs you should take a look at the Dereelight C2H. 200 lumens, very robust with a good clip design, but the versatility is where it comes out ahead. Runs on a single 123, or RCR123, and some forum members report running IMR16340, but with a $6 extension tube can run on AA or 14500, nice if you get stuck with no 123 size batteries.

There are different pill/emitter combos available for the light, and it is designed to be upgradeable as LED technology and efficiency improves.

I've got lights by other makers, but like the C2H for the brightness, beam, forward clicky, versatility. It's a great light if you aren't that technically inclined but still like to switch parts out and try different options things, all without having to do structural mods.

TwitchALot

Enlightened
Has there been any resolution to this problem? I'm curious as to what could have caused this problem in the first place.

passive101

Enlightened
Has there been any resolution to this problem? I'm curious as to what could have caused this problem in the first place.

I just got my new light earlier today. JetBeam RRT-0. I tested it out after purchasing a new 123A at a retail store to make sure it worked properly.

I will be contacting and then sending out my Quark 123x2 and 123a mini this Monday. I hope they are able to fix the problem or simply give me different lights. I really like the neutral 123a x2, but even if they replace it with a tactical or whatever as long as it doesn't switch brightnesses on me that would be good.

I know Quark has been good to us at candlepowerforums and have no doubt that they will take care of me. I will risk sending these back to China. Out of everything I have ever ordered that has come from China including laptops I have never once sent anything back there. I will let you know how it goes.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Quark has been good to us at candlepowerforums and have no doubt that they will take care of me. I will risk sending these back to China. Out of everything I have ever ordered that has come from China including laptops I have never once sent anything back there. I will let you know how it goes.

Am I reading this wrong or do you think you send 4sevens lights to China? You send your 4sevens Quark model to 4sevens in Atlanta Georgia.

First contact 4sevens and receive a RMA number. Check out return policy below.

http://www.4sevens.com/information.php?info_id=5

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I reading this wrong or do you think you send 4sevens lights to China? You send your 4sevens Quark model to 4sevens in Atlanta Georgia.

First contact 4sevens and receive a RMA number. Check out return policy below.

http://www.4sevens.com/information.php?info_id=5
That is correct. Passive101 is misinformed. These lights cannot be sent back to china. We are a American business. If you have issues you deal with staff who speak english and in the east coast time zone (not 12 hours apart) :)

ragweed

Enlightened
I am very confident 4Sevens will make it right for you guy's! He is A-1 in customer service unlike some others we hear about on these forums.

passive101

Enlightened
That is correct. Passive101 is misinformed. These lights cannot be sent back to china. We are a American business. If you have issues you deal with staff who speak english and in the east coast time zone (not 12 hours apart) :)

Oops these are not Chinese lights. I get so many of them confused :ohgeez:

TwitchALot

Enlightened
I just got my new light earlier today. JetBeam RRT-0. I tested it out after purchasing a new 123A at a retail store to make sure it worked properly.

I will be contacting and then sending out my Quark 123x2 and 123a mini this Monday. I hope they are able to fix the problem or simply give me different lights. I really like the neutral 123a x2, but even if they replace it with a tactical or whatever as long as it doesn't switch brightnesses on me that would be good.

Thanks. I definitely want to know the cause of this problem.

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
So Quarks are made in the USA? Really? That's unexpected if that's the case. I thought they were made in China too.

Being an American company doesn't mean they are made in the US. I'm assuming they are made in China.

Too many stories of failed or faulty lights in this thread alone, makes me want to stay away from Quark lights, sorry David. That's too bad too, I think I would have liked a 123x2 Turbo. But I guess I'll never know.