R.I.P Nitecore D10 - Wrong polarities fried the circuit

drmaxx

Enlightened
My wife refilled my beloved D10 with a fresh eneloop. She put it in the wrong way, couldn't get it on, put it down and grabbed the next light.

As a consequence the electronics of the light is fried and the eneloop is shot. I am very happy that nothing serious happened!
Not a big deal - stuff happens.

But I do miss the D10. I liked the UI - and I will miss it. Provided me
with some very good service during the last few years.

Just needed to whine a little. Nobody here at home understands the tiny sting that such a loss comes with. Hope to get more sympathy here on the board.:naughty:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the loss. I know there are some mixed reviews on the D10, but those that loved them LOVED them. I know for sure I'm one of those.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Yes ... you requested it ... so I sympathise and understand your need to whine .
I still use mine ...... a LOT .

~

Last edited:

jondotcom

Enlightened
We can rebuild him....

Sell that guy in the marketplace :). I'm sure someone needs a donor.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man, that sucks. Accidents happen though, so I'm glad you're taking it in stride.

Maybe post a WTB in the Marketplace and see if you can drum up a Tribute edition that someone has sitting in their safe.

I'm with badtziscool: I love my D10 dearly. :)

andrew123

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for your devastating loss. I broke mine within a week of me purchasing it because of an alkaline battery leak. After that I bought eneloops and have been EDC-ing it ever since. If i lost my D10, I would do more than complain just a little.

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel and you certainly have my sympathy. I had a Nitecore EX10 with a trit piston and that light was my EDC for a couple of years. During a business trip last year, the light was stolen from my hotel room and I was really bummed. There was something really special about that light. I just purchased an EX10 via the Marketplace and I have an extra trit piston, so in a few days, I should finally be EDCing a tritiated EX10 once again.

Agreed with Calipsoii, you should try to get a Tribute edition in the Marketplace.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
i feel you bro. I bought a D10 couple years back and gave it to my other half so she can keep in her handbag. Few months later she told me she forgot where she has placed it and couldnt find it after a few try. I told her it's no big deal..jst a flashlight. But boy, was i crying inside...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sympathies, drmaxx. If you keenly want a brand new D10, I think I might know a place that sells them, but it's a B&M without an online store. PM me if you're interested. Then again, you can consider D11.2.... if you don't mind the possibility of landing one with glitches.

davecroft

Enlightened
Looks like LEDfire torches (UK dealer) still has new D10's in stock. I've bought from them, no problems.

drmaxx

Enlightened
Thanks for all the sympathy. Knew that there's a place that understands my little sorrows.lovecpf

I am not quite sure that I want to replace the D10. I am all for going forward and I think I will get an AA tube for the AA2-Quark I have. I love the brightness on this thing (I have the X version) and I like the lego idea. The UI is somewhat bothersome, but manageable.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got quite good at fixing these Nitecore PD lights now, I've sent you a PM with a couple of options if you're interested.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost a crelant to a similar fate, but they sent a replacement.
I feel your pain though there was a week where I hadn't heard anything before that email came.

Vesper

Enlightened
Wow, I didn't know it didnt have reverese protection. Sorry yours bit the dust and thanks for the heads-up.