Ra to release headlamp

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like Ra will be releasing a headlamp. Besides Ra quality, we can expect 250 lumens and an adjustable beam :party:

However, the fact that Henry did not mention it until asked makes me think it is still a ways off.

Here's the full quote from LRF (http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=272#p4430):
Ra Lights said:
Skier88,

The photo Mev posted is of the original Action Light - the first high power regulated multi-level LED flashlight. It was the first flashlight on the market to produce 12 lumens and was thus capable of replacing a conventional 2 D-cell incandescent flashlight. It ran for 12 hours on the maximum setting, 24 hours on the medium setting and 300 hours on the low setting. That was over 10 years ago.

We are working on a new headlamp - much smaller and lighter - that can produce over 250 lumens and be adjusted between flood and spot. And, it is also multiple brightness like all of our flashlights.

Henry.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
As a caver, I'd be all over a headlamp made by Ra.

Headlamps have lagged behind flashlights for too long and have not generally developed beyond the plastic body style, but I have some hope that we might be entering into a golden age of headlamps now that Surefire and Fenix and maybe Ra are entering the market.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, this explains why Ra has a random 3V lithium battery for sale. Always thought that was weird. And coolio. A Tank for a headlight!

gunga

Flashaholic
While this will be very interesting when it comes out, based on Ra's last few offerings, I don't expect anything till late 2010!

:naughty:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Flood and spot w/a Ra UI... hard to beat this one. Very hard to beat this one!

My wallet is already crying out for mercy because of Henry's lights.

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
The minimus will have to keep me untill Henry puts his headlamp into play. Can't wait.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has made my day!! I will be among the first to own a RA headlamp!!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case people aren't aware of the History here, the last Action Light (headlamp) project ended up being vapor ware. Previous Henry headlamps were also difficult to get. Judging by past expereince I won't believe it till I see it.

:popcorn: