RANT: Why no LED lamps for Surefire G2/6P etc...?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: RANT: Why no LED lamps for Surefire G2/6P etc.

Competition like a cola is to a Trockenbeerenauslese
You can drink 'em both.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

DimBeam

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
blackout said:
I guess I'll have to clarify my point again...Maglite is the competition.

Own any Maglite's DimBeam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and they are worth about a buck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dr_Joe

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Fiat (and it's global subsidiaries) sell more cars than anyone, but Ferrari NEVER considered them competition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

P.S. Get an Aleph 1 head, a 2x123 body, a NG750 or 1000 (Lux III) and any tailcap you like with a McE2S and I guarantee your incan's will sit at home (mine do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
blackout said:
[ QUOTE ]
dougmccoy said:
Do any of the competition have better bulbs as regards being dropped?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bulbs in C & D size Maglites will not become misaligned as a result of being dropped. Same with my $2 Eveready.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might end up with a better beam after the drop. I guess you can't misalign something that was never aligned to begin with.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a black M2 bezel from LPS tactical. It's not on their web site, but if you call them up, they can sell you one. IIRC, it was about $35.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
You can drink 'em both.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had to google this one Al, my goodness, sounds like nectar from the Gods.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sgtlmj

Newly Enlightened

Accidents happen, but I just don't find myself dropping stuff much. Maybe it was the Drill Sgt's who always made us do pushups when we dropped something, but I try to hang on to expensive stuff, and lanyard when possible.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I want to get a hold of one of these black M2 bezels and put it on my 9P asap. I do plan on getting a lanyard to prevent droppage. I may pick up a clickie tailcap for it as well. But I think I might try to design a rubber/foam bezel gaurd for my lights. Any ideas?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, I just called LPS - they have them in black, I'll order later...

Size15's

Flashaholic

My Grandfather likes to introduce me to a variety of different alcoholic beverages. Part of learning what I like and dislike, as well as learning to appreciate the differences that most certainly exist.

At some point we've all likely had a cola, burger and fries from a so-called fast food establishment. At some point we may have been luck/fortunate to be introduced to an establishment in which the seats are not bolted to the floor and the tables are adorned with cloth. We may decide that we will never again eat fast food if we can at all avoid it. Our taste buds have experienced something more refined, more beautiful, more satisfying.

So it is for me (and I guess for many) with SureFire.

I think perhaps the "Holy Grail" (*) is for a replacement Lamp Assembly for the G2/6P etc that features a LuxeonIII in a reflector (regulated) as bright as the P60 or hopefully the P61 with the same beam pattern.

It appears not to be on SureFire's priority list though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

blackout

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Dr_Joe said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Fiat (and it's global subsidiaries) sell more cars than anyone, but Ferrari NEVER considered them competition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Fiat owns Ferrari.

First let me first say this...I never said Maglite was better than Surefire. That's not even a serious, intelligent discussion.

I also don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll just say this.....you can come up with as many analogies as you want but it doesn't change the facts.

Sorry this has gotten a little off track KDOG3. Sounds like you've got some great advice!

Geologist

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
You can drink 'em both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they got your joke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Anyway - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

UVvis

Enlightened

KDOG3,

If you want to protect your light, just get some pipe insulation from a hardware store, they pretty much always have black 1" ID and probably the larger size for the bezel. Use a few wire ties and your good to go. This also works good in cold weather to keep things from sticking to your gloves, in warmer climates it might get your batteries really hot though.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Bug Out Gear, see Dealer forum, also sells, stateside, the 3W led drop in modules for P, C, and M series Surefire lights, as well as G2 series. Flavio is expecting a shipment within the next few days, or so. These will work with 2 or three cell Cr123 lights, or with two RCR123's.

Bill

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
kdog3 said:
At least they (or somebody) could come out with a rubber bezel guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might try this: go get a furniture boot (goes over the tip of chair legs, etc.), cut out the end and slide it over the G2 head. Leave about 2-3mm extending above the bezel's leading edge. They come in all sorts of sizes, styles and colors.

I actually use one that's not cut out for a lens cover on my G2Z. I did have to poke a hole in it though because there was too much vacuum to take it off easily. The small hole also works well for times you don't need all that light.

-LT