RARE MAGLITES

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_0420.jpeg

My buddy over at Monster Joe's truck & towing sent me this nip 1985 promo light recently.

IMG_0421.jpeg

The early logo

IMG_0422.jpeg

Laser etched TM

These old minimags were indeed a work of art that works. Operation is so smooth compared to modern twisty lights. The manufacturing was so precise and detailed you can feel the difference.

Thanks Joe, please tell Winston Wolf hello for me.

willrx

Enlightened
View attachment 47873
My buddy over at Monster Joe's truck & towing sent me this nip 1985 promo light recently.

View attachment 47874
The early logo

View attachment 47875
Laser etched TM

These old minimags were indeed a work of art that works. Operation is so smooth compared to modern twisty lights. The manufacturing was so precise and detailed you can feel the difference.

Thanks Joe, please tell Winston Wolf hello for me.
Love that! Thank you.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
OMG! I can't believe how much they want for them! Is their BIN price really "in the ballpark"? $150-$160?!!!!!
Sadly, price of everything has gone up.
Happy with my 7C Maglite.... and happy that I bought it just a few years back when prices weren't outrageous.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Item #

And a pricey 4 cell incan, NIB

Apparently, the "C" incans are toast.

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is like saying a 350 small block is better than a 454 big block. :unsure:
If one drives in straight lines, they'd likely prefer the big block. I prefer / drive roads that are anything but straight, so the small block would be a no-brainer for me. The weight difference makes this an entirely subjective thing. Size and weight of flashlights matters very much to me too. PERSPECTIVE......something akin to 'subjective', just spelled differently. Don't forget, they're both very important. Everything's about an individual's priorities and tradeoffs, whether cars or flashlights.

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
If one drives in straight lines, they'd likely prefer the big block. I prefer / drive roads that are anything but straight, so the small block would be a no-brainer for me. The weight difference makes this an entirely subjective thing. Size and weight of flashlights matters very much to me too. PERSPECTIVE......something akin to 'subjective', just spelled differently. Don't forget, they're both very important. Everything's about an individual's priorities and tradeoffs, whether cars or flashlights.

LOL! I wholeheartedly agree with you. My small block vs big block comment was a joke. Was that really not obvious?

letschat7

Suspended
I prefer to be driven around in a full size luxury sedan from Europe. Instead I ride a bike though. I own Mags of every size but smaller is better.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
C vs. D?
I wear large size gloves. So the Cs feel much more comfortable in my hand than the Ds.