din107

Newly Enlightened
My first NIB lights:). 5 modernized 5C:caution:
7HI74hm.jpg
ayUfiz8.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How rare are silver 4D letter serials?

Silver is my favorite. The polished alluminum body is just a reminder of vintage lights by Eveready, Rayovac and several others many never heard of. And it's easy to spot in low light.
I keep a pair high up on a hutch behind some fancy doo dads my wife put on display so they look like big ole sterling silver candle holders from King Arthor days.

Were they rare? No. Were they popular? No so compared to the standard black, red, blue or gray they did not sell as well, but like xxo said the silver is a standard color.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The St Jude set is complete now that a St Jude solitaire has arrived and a HALO ML50LX is added to the lineup of limited edition lights that a donation went to help with those who help keep us safe.

E4-AF6-C6-D-CD53-4-C75-BF6-B-E65-E39-B68-A5-A.jpg

The HALO may get used, or it may stay NIP.
S/N 000016xxx so it appears that thus far not that many ML50LX in 2 cell have been produced to date. It was in a 03/20 packaging. The gray ML50LX I gave Mrs Fixer for Christmas was in a 10/20 packaging and is S/N 000017xxx.
621-DF85-A-5-EB2-480-A-B85-F-88148695-D23-D.jpg

The HALO logo

Last edited:

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know at which point of the manufacturing process a Mag would be stamped with its serial number?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My old pre-letter D sized incan light and letter D cell incan lights have coating over the S/N. All of my D lights with DL in the S/N are not coated but appear to be laser cut.

I would surmize the S/N is applied to barrels as they are produced. In the old days prior to coating. Modern Mag post coating, then it travels down the assembly line for adding the rest of the parts.

Yates

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if anyone has ever come across this type of packaging, it's two 3xAA LED Mini Maglites in a pack with batteries and holsters.

tLPfieF.jpg

So a seller on the bay went and cut the packaging in half!

Words fail me.

txCFZ5m.jpg

G6OvewI.jpg

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
IMG-20210605-082334.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Hello everyone. This is my last purchase. I'm glad because she waited a long time for me 😁

Best regards from Poland

Artur

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice lights guys!! It's been a while since I've been here and boy do I miss it. fidusinki, I love those orange lights. I had 2 at one time and I foolishly traded one of them away.

Here's and a new light I picked up. I really like these personalized lights, especially the older ones. This one belonged to a mid west first chief and it's an R bezel, 2D, 1,100,000 serial which puts it right around 1988. The prior owner jazzed it up with some reflective stickers and the logo of the fire department. It's one of the cooler personalized lights I've seen and is pretty awesome. The fire chief whole sold it to me only retired last year and he said he used it sparingly up until his retirement.

mwzS9b4.jpg

khzqr1G.jpg

pJ3oIoE.jpg

I was finally able to acquire a Palco Acrobilt 1979 light too but I'm still trying to research those out a little more and post it soon. Thanks guys, hope everyone is well!!!

3_gun

Enlightened
Rarest Maglite I have is a custom built job from a gun board member who went by Blackbear. Set up a 3 D cell light to run 9 rechargeable AA batteries in a custom holder to power a halogen bulb to a claimed and proven 1050L. Had to replace the switch, reflector and lens plus add a heat sink & still made it look stock till you turned it on. Could even still focus the beam like stock. Run time was a bit better than a hour and it never stepped down as it got hot & oh boy could it get hot. Still have it in a drawer & get it out every once in a while. Made it possible to hit steel plates at 200+yds when paired with my M1a. This at a time Surefire was making a name for itself with 100L police lights. If I remember, next time I get it out I'll get my camera out too

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maglite has midnight blue 2D incans at their site for $15.95.
They also have purple incan 2aaa minimags, coyote tan 2 cell ML300's, crimson red Mag Tac plain and blue shimmer 2aa incan minimags.
Oh and gold 3D classic.

Last edited: