Raw NS Ship Time

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't got it by now it's probably lost in the post somewhere but I don't see how you can expect a guy to ship you out a second light before he can get confirmation from the post office that the first wasn't delivered. If he does then, Hey Rob, my three Raws, NS and Wee didn't arrive, could I have some more. ( Damn, forgot you saw them at the meet last week.)
Robs got a great reputation for customer service here and is also a nice guy to boot. Put yourself in his shoes, you sold something to a guy you don't know in another country and he says he didn't get it and wants you to send another before you can get it confirmed by the post office...

I know it's a pain when stuff goes missing in the mail but you have to be realistic about it.

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't got it by now it's probably lost in the post somewhere but I don't see how you can expect a guy to ship you out a second light before he can get confirmation from the post office that the first wasn't delivered. If he does then, Hey Rob, my three Raws, NS and Wee didn't arrive, could I have some more. ( Damn, forgot you saw them at the meet last week.)
Robs got a great reputation for customer service here and is also a nice guy to boot. Put yourself in his shoes, you sold something to a guy you don't know in another country and he says he didn't get it and wants you to send another before you can get it confirmed by the post office...

I know it's a pain when stuff goes missing in the mail but you have to be realistic about it.

OK - so you're implying that I might be...lying?:mecry:

Nice of you!!:shakehead

Please check out ALL my trades here on CPF - to start...:faint:

THEN go to my eBay ID for ALL my positive feedback from around the World; over 4 years...and THEN you can make your...comments...:poke:

PM sent!!:devil:

:wave:
Doug

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting patiently as well. 8 weeks, 12 weeks, I can't even remember how long it has been. The light should make it all worth it, but I can feel dougs pain at waiting. over a month ago there was a post it would be out in a week, I never thought that would turn into a month, and maybe...gasp, more? :thinking:

I hand copper build mr-11 landscape lights for folks and I ship out...in 72 hours. but then I don't sell in the hundreds either.

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
I placed my order on July 1, and my light, shipped on the 10th of July according to Rob, has yet to arrive. I've not yet lost hope, but I'm getting a little frustrated.
It'd be nice if there were some transatlantic shipping options offered that include package tracking. At least I would have some idea of when the light will arrive. I don't know if the Royal Mail offers it, but the USPS offers delivery confirmation, which is exactly what it sounds like, for under a dollar.

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
I placed my order on July 1, and my light, shipped on the 10th of July according to Rob, has yet to arrive. I've not yet lost hope, but I'm getting a little frustrated.
It'd be nice if there were some transatlantic shipping options offered that include package tracking. At least I would have some idea of when the light will arrive. I don't know if the Royal Mail offers it, but the USPS offers delivery confirmation, which is exactly what it sounds like, for under a dollar.

I wish you well - you're at 13 days and waiting.

I'm at 28 days and waiting...:thinking:

Yup - it sure would be nice if there was some sort of tracking and/or delivery confirmation available...:poke:

Let's hope that BOTH our waits are ended...soon!!

:cool:

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK - so you're implying that I might be...lying?:mecry:

Nice of you!!:shakehead

PM sent!!:devil:

No. I'm saying that it's a bummer when things go missing but you should be a bit more realistic ( and perhaps a bit less touchy ?? ) in what you expect other people to do about it.

Are you suggesting that it's not possible someone on CPF with a good history and reputation wouldn't disappear owing people money ? It's happened a few times, one modder name springs to mind.

PM ignored.

Jay R.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
To all of you still waiting for your lights, let me assure you that orb will do everything in his power to make sure you get them. He is a decent guy and has answered quite a few emails from me from shipping to charging the batteries, always within the same day, with nothing but politeness and enthusiasm to help.

The problem is Royal Mail are not great when it comes to lost parcels. You can't recover the lost cash from the missing item until it's been missing for 6 weeks. That is why he said those delays could exist. You can't blame any seller for waiting until they have recovered the funds before sending out a replacement. I'm not saying any of you are dishonest - it's just the way the world works I'm afraid. I do sympathise with you lot though, I know I'd be frustrated. As Jay R said, quite a few previously honest members of CPF have taken peoples money/property and vanished, so you can't really blame any seller to wait for the confirmation that it's lost first - but don't take that personally. Just have a *little* more patience though and you WILL NOT be dissapointed when you get your lights!

Nice of you orb to step up and offer a refund now, that's above and beyond what could be expected from any seller :)

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to clear a few things up here & try to resolve some problems.

mcomb started this thread because he had waited to long for his order to be dispatched.
This issue has been addressed & I am getting on top of back orders.
mcomb's order was dispatched & he received it within 10 days of shipping.
This is typical for sending items from UK - US via Royal Mail 1st class Airmail.

That covers the original topic.

Also in this thread you have David Gretzmier & foxracer72 who are patiently waiting for the Raw Al.
This again is my fault for not being able to supply within the time I thought was possible.
Update on the Raw Al is they are made & I will be picking them up from the machine shop early next week & assembling ready for dispatch before the end of this month.

That covers guys waiting for Raw Al's

We then have liam_995 & mejesster who's (Wee NS?) orders were dispatched relatively quickly after payment.
Understood is the fact that these two orders are taking a long time to arrive. This is not typical. RoyalMail are generally quite good. Normally 5-10 days @ a very good price.
This shipping method has been working fine with only a small amount of orders not arriving. I am constantly looking for a better methods of shipping especially the higher value torches. Expect to see some additional shipping options in the near future on the Lummi site.
When we do get lost orders I have always made good for the customer. Yes this is at cost to Lummi but I have felt it the best solution for both parties.
What does make this difficult is when the customer is in effect blaming me publicly for the postal services errors.
I hope that clears up a few issues scattered around this thread. I understand it does not put the orders in Doug's or mejesster's hands but I hope to have reassured you & all that Lummi (Me Rob) will do the best I can to ensure you revive what you have paid for.

:thanks: to Jay R & Zipplet for stepping in to try to reassure anybody I am not here to rip anybody off. :thumbsup:

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
We then have liam_995 & mejesster who's (Wee NS?) orders were dispatched relatively quickly after payment.
Understood is the fact that these two orders are taking a long time to arrive. This is not typical. RoyalMail are generally quite good. Normally 5-10 days @ a very good price.
This shipping method has been working fine with only a small amount of orders not arriving. I am constantly looking for a better methods of shipping especially the higher value torches. Expect to see some additional shipping options in the near future on the Lummi site.
When we do get lost orders I have always made good for the customer. Yes this is at cost to Lummi but I have felt it the best solution for both parties.
What does make this difficult is when the customer is in effect blaming me publicly for the postal services errors.
I hope that clears up a few issues scattered around this thread. I understand it does not put the orders in Doug's or mejesster's hands but I hope to have reassured you & all that Lummi (Me Rob) will do the best I can to ensure you revive what you have paid for.

:thanks: to Jay R & Zipplet for stepping in to try to reassure anybody I am not here to rip anybody off. :thumbsup:

NO ONE is blaming you, Rob, for the problems with the Postal system (and I apologise to you, Rob, if that was the impression I gave you).

I do find it interesting that you admit to other "orders not arriving" - this is something that is a bit distressing - I have done many hundreds of shipment to the U.S.; UK; Europe; Australia; Asia; - and have NEVER had a shipment "not arrive"...:duh2:

Maybe I have just been lucky - maybe Canada Post is more reliable - maybe my goods aren't as "appealing" as a brand new Orb or Wee to "sticky fingers" (in the postal system)...:(

But - as you have stated that other orders HAVE gone missing - it seems that it can't be shocking to ANYONE that mine appears to have gone missing, as well...:huh:

Rob is being VERY generous in offering me a refund (which I haven't acccepted yet!) - and I know this; BUT as a Seller on eBay - this is STANDARD procedure for me in the few cases where my customers were't happy; for one reason or another; with the item they received. This is just the cost of doing business - there are ALWAYS going to be problems with so many shipments and so many customers.

I doubt that any of those few customers were "lying" about there problems - and as I can never prove it one way or another - I'd rather just take them at thier word - and make them happy.

The customer is always right!

This is the BEST way to run your business - and insures a steady stream of return/new customers...:)

Rob is doing everything right to solve this problem - I have NO problems with his actions/words...but as for others...:shakehead

Cheers!
Doug
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Well...Well...look what finally showed up in the mail today:

P1000442.jpg

And inside:

P1000432.jpg

P1000443.jpg

:clap:

So...many thanks to Rob :)thanks:) for his patience in dealing with my impatience in waiting (29 DAYS!) for my Wee to arrive...and to those who "implied" I was anything but COMPLETELY truthful in all my "concerns"...:whoopin:

And to the Postal System:
:dedhorse:

VERY happy with my new Wee!!! :D:D:D

Cheers!
Doug

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
International shipping can take unexpected time, for many reasons.

Rob is a great guy to deal with, That makes buying one of his wonderful custom lights an even more pleasant exprience. If you order the other Wee L/Es, it'll probably be quicker.

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...Well...look what finally showed up in the mail today:

P1000442.jpg

And inside:

P1000432.jpg

P1000443.jpg

:clap:

So...many thanks to Rob :)thanks:) for his patience in dealing with my impatience in waiting (29 DAYS!) for my Wee to arrive...and to those who "implied" I was anything but COMPLETELY truthful in all my "concerns"...:whoopin:

And to the Postal System:
:dedhorse:

VERY happy with my new Wee!!! :D:D:D

Cheers!
Doug

Thank Bloody Goodness!
Doug Really pleased to see you finally got your order. :twothumbs:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always good to see another happy Lummi light owner. I know I've only had mine for a couple of days but I'm thrilled so I know how you must feel to have opened that package ^_^

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
Wow that airmail must have went by a Zeppelin with a slow leak, and no motor. Shipped on the 25th of June. Mine only took 7 days to Iowa. Any of you evil geniuses know when the Camo Raw Al or the new Al Raw will be available? Many of you guys seem to have more knowledge of availability then I can find on the website.

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
Thank Bloody Goodness!
Doug Really pleased to see you finally got your order. :twothumbs:
My order arrived today, and while it is complete, I am still a bit disgruntled. I placed my order on July 1st, and received an email that day saying it would be shipped "this week". On the 10th of July, I received this email:
Hello,
Today the 10th of July your order from Lummi was dispatched to you.
Thank you kindly for your custom.
Kind Regards
Rob @ Lummi
However, upon receipt of the package, I took a look at the postmark:
lummigr8.jpg

postmarkcs6.jpg

See my concern?
The light is gorgeous and functional, and I understand that lots of people have had positive experiences with Lummi and Rob, but this is quite a disappointing first experience for me.
Rob, should you wish to talk about this via PM, I would be glad to. If you can provide a reasonable explanation for this mismatch in dates, I will delete this post.

Last edited:

andy955i

Newly Enlightened
Rob,

Your answer does not really explain why you are advertising as "in stock" goods that are not even back from the machine shop yet.

Your customers like David Gretzmier and foxracer 72 have been waiting patiently as have I whilst you have had our money in your bank account for some considerable time.

The excuses are getting to sound rather lame now. It was 7-10 days, then by the end of this week, now its the end of the month. Is there any particular month or even year you have in mind?

Your estimates have clearly been completely unrealistic. How could you have quoted 7-10 days when the orders were first placed?

Why is the machine shop 3 months behind? Surely you must have known this for some time? Do you have a backup plan, or are you going to go out of business if this machine shop continues to let you down? Is there some reason why your jobs get put to the back of the queue?

No wonder a parcel takes forever to get to its destination when you only use a £1.64 postal service.

It might be a quality product (I have yet to see) but the way you deal with your customers really lets it down very badly.

I should delete the Lummi stock thread. its just a bad joke and has not been updated in months.

Increasingly unhappy customer here.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
mejesster: Again really pleased to see you have your order.
I can only suggest that ether we made a mistake & sent you the email to early or the PO mislaid your package until the 16th.Sorry I do not have a way of proving how the error happened.

andy955i: Your order is for the Raw Al.
I did explain here: This again is my fault for not being able to supply within the time I thought was possible.
Update on the Raw Al is they are made & I will be picking them up from the machine shop early next week & assembling ready for dispatch before the end of this month.

There have been no lies.
The Raw Al has never been listed as in stock.
I have not told deliberate untruths, If I said it, then it means that's what I think & expect.

I understand you are the customer & have paid good money for your order. At any point the wait has been to long there is no problem in sending you a full refund.

Your post is insulting. There is more than one post from you on this same topic. Your tone is in effect negative & potentially damaging to my reputation here. As we are all aware of in life it takes allot (4 years, thousand of positive sales) to build a positive reputation but very little to knock that down. Instead of trying to knock me down communicate with me before you need to vent.

I apologize for keeping you waiting longer than anybody expected.
If you prefer not to wait any longer then please ask for a refund.

andy955i

Newly Enlightened
Rob,

You do not answer my polite emails or reply to my telephone message. I was quite happy to have this discussion in private.

You quote delivery times on this forum and then systematically fail to meet them.

The damage to your reputation and your business is entirely down to you raising expectations and then letting people down.

I accept your apology, but there is a simple answer if you do not like my tone. Deliver the goods when you say you will.

I will wait, but I am really not a happy customer.

Andy

Last edited: