Raw NS Ship Time

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Andy -

I completely understand your frustration in not receiving your Raw Al as promised and expected. It appears that Rob has tried to meet his commitments; but has had set-backs due to things beyond his control.
This does NOT excuse dues dates announced and then cancelled - but IS understandable when a major element in the manufacturing of the Raw Al is beyond his control...:thinking:

In MY own personal experiences with communicatiing with Rob over the LONG wait for my Wee NS to arrive - he was VERY efficient in replying to my numerous emails about where the heck my Wee was - and I never felt he was other than trying to do his best to keep me happy....:clap:

I hope your Raw Al is shipped out to you ASAP - and you can turn it on, and enjoy it's beauty and utility...soon!

JMO
:popcorn:

Last edited:

paxxus

Enlightened
Got my Raw NS today. It was shipped 22 July, so the shipping was only four days to Denmark. So far I'm very pleased, excellent build quality and very impressive output for such a little light.

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to share my experience :-

Since I joined CPF I have ordered many times from Rob.

1 x Ag RAW
1 x SS RAW
1 x Ti RAW
1 x Da RAW
1 x Ti Wee
1 x Al RAW
1 x Da Wee (on order)

I have been 110% happy with every aspect of Rob (Orb) and Lummi.

I have spoken to Rob on the telephone, had my emails answered very prompty and I can confirm that Rob is a good guy and is out to look after all of us.

Looking forward to your next creation Rob :buddies:

Thanks

David :thumbsup:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same with me. I'm very very pleased with the service I have received, and the lights. I now have 2 beautiful very functional lights and I'm eagerly awaiting the "New Project" and any other lights Rob comes out with.

:)

Tachylyte

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear that a couple of people are have been unhappy with the service from Lummi. I sympathize. I hate waiting for internet orders to arrive by post especially when things are slower to arrive than I expect. I get particularly grumpy when there are delays and I feel that they could have been forseen or that the communication could have been better.

However, I think the small number of unhappy people have been unlucky. It's a shame because I like many people on this sub-forum are a satisfied Lummi customer and have enjoyed dealing with Rob.

Let's not forget that Rob is running a small, semi-custom outfit here. Large companies have very sophisticated systems for stock control and have the clout with suppliers and manufacturers to demand rapid service. I consider that smaller companies are to a greater degree at the mercy of their suppliers and manufacturers.

I see Rob as providing a service whereby very high quality product with high end components is produced in low volume. Rob offers customisation options and a personal service. For all this I'm prepared to pay a bit extra and wait a bit longer. True, the wait is sometimes agonizing but all in all I'm happy.

andy955i

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I feel somewhat reassured by those who have come to Robs defence.

Maybe I have just been unlucky.

If I am buying a custom made item, I can live with delays if I am kept informed.

Three unanswered emails and an unanswered telephone message where I left my email address and phone number is simply not good enough. As a general principle if you have taken my money at least have the courtesy to answer my calls and email.

Its all very well saying contact me before you "vent" but how about actually replying when I try make contact.

I know Rob has my email address because its the same one I use for Paypal. I have bought a Lummi pen (not yet received) and therefore should also be on the new product mailing list. Why not simply email those on the back order list with an update? Without CPF I would still have no idea when delivery might be.

I know Rob is running a small business and is busy trying to produce lights and deal with everything else that goes with it. Thats why I left a week or so between contacts and have tried to be both polite and understanding of the issues he faces. Customer contact is a key aspect of any business. It is an area where Rob could easily excel. I had hoped he would.

My experience with Rob and Lummi has simply not been good so far.

Like the rest of you I think that Robs designs look superb. I was excited about being able to buy a high quality limited production item from a local manufacturer. Unfortunately the whole experience has been rather spoilt.

Maybe I will feel differently when the Raw AL finally arrives. I will let you know.

Andy

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
HUGE :thanks: to Jay R, tsask, paxxus, dmdrewitt, zipplet, olrac, Tachylyte.
I appreciate you guys stepping in here to share your experience & to show your support.
:twothumbs

andy955i: You said:
You do not answer my polite emails or reply to my telephone message. I was quite happy to have this discussion in private.
&
Three unanswered emails and an unanswered telephone message where I left my email address and phone number is simply not good enough. As a general principle if you have taken my money at least have the courtesy to answer my calls and email.

The only two emails I have from your email address are for the two payments you made. These are both replied to with a thank you for your order. I have a good email system & can find any email with a search of your email address or name.
Telephone message? I have no memory of a telephone message. I would not have ignored.

You Said:
You quote delivery times on this forum and then systematically fail to meet them.

Sometimes I fail to meet my expected delivery times, but by no means all the time. I am aware there is room for improvements.

You Said:
The damage to your reputation and your business is entirely down to you raising expectations and then letting people down.

I disagree, I am spending precious time here defending my reputation due to your posts. It does come across in your tone that you are more interested in doing some damage here.
Thank fully because I do communicate with my customers it proves your case is a one off.
Which could be either of our faults/mistakes, or emails not getting though for some other reason.

Finally You Said:

I will wait, but I am really not a happy customer.
&
My experience with Rob and Lummi has simply not been good so far.

I have offered you a full refund, I do not understand why you have not accepted this? You would then not have to keep on complaining.
I am disappointed this has got to this stage especially when you are a fellow Brit no more than a couple of hundred miles away. :ohgeez:

:wave: to all who are waiting for there Raw Al.

The Many back ordered Raw Al's will be dispatched by the end of this week.
I will post updates in the Raw Al thread & on the Lummi Blog.
You will receive a conformation email once dispatched.
Your continued patience is very much appreciated.
:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
How close are the Camo versions? How about the Al Raw non rechargeable version? Inquiring minds want to know.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes email received & replied.
This matter no longer requires any discussion on this board.
:thanks:

cnw4002 Check the Camo Raw Thread for updates :thumbsup:

Dog Chaser

Enlightened
On the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay
I ordered a Wee Ti with the R2 LE less than 10 days ago. Recieved an email from Rob on the 22nd confirming it had been shipped and received the light today. The postage stamp confimed that it had been shipped exactly as Rob had stated. This is my third Lummi and I am very pleased with all of them. Rob has always provided excellent service and is a great member of this community.

Thank you,

Dog

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Wee Ti with the R2 LE less than 10 days ago. Recieved an email from Rob on the 22nd confirming it had been shipped and received the light today. The postage stamp confimed that it had been shipped exactly as Rob had stated. This is my third Lummi and I am very pleased with all of them. Rob has always provided excellent service and is a great member of this community.

Thank you,

Dog

:twothumbs Dog :thanks:

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
i sent an e-mail today and got a responce in less than 2 hours.
does orb sleep anytime?

I don't think so...I just ordered some extra parts for my new Wee - and Rob must have emailed me at least 5 times to clarify details and shipping options...:)

:twothumbs

Ironwood

Newly Enlightened
I sent Rob an email last Saturday to find out if the Raw NS were in stock and ready for shipping. He replied on Sunday that they were available. I placed my order on his web site that night. The Raw NS was shipped out from the UK via Royal Mail on Monday, 7/28. I received it this morning, Saturday, 8/1, at my home in New York. 5 days from shipping to receipt. Remarkable speed. Great customer service. I know some of you have had some bad experiences recently with shipping. Hopefully the next time you order from Rob, you'll have an experience similar to mine.

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
I just want to clarify after having had some time with my light.
The Wee NS is incredible! After having had it for a few days, I can't understand why these aren't the most popular keychain lights out there. It puts out a ton of light, is built to handle rechargeables (responsible and cost-effective!) and absolutely beautiful. It has a certain reassuring weight that other little lights lack. And the fact that trit slots are so carefully integrated into the design really puts it over the top!
I am still not happy with how my order was handled. I just wanted to point out that the light more than exceeds my expectations.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear you think the same thing of your lights as I do mejesster :)

I think it's not popular for keychain carry because it's too nice to put on a keychain and ding up. I did at one point consider having it on my keychain but when I saw how nice it was...

Maybe if I get another one without trits for keychain carry!

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
Raw Al delivered yesterday. very pleased and happy. on my keychain as of this morning. Although worth the wait, and is very cool, but a long wait it was, and probably would not wait that long again. I will absolutely confirm in stock before ordering again. Love the light, hated the wait.

Latest posts