Raw NS Ship Time

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to chip in, I recently ordered a Raw NS as a Christmas present to myself, this is the first time that i am ordering a higher end light from overseas and obviously i was concerned.

I am of course understandably anxious to receive my Raw NS (woo hoo!) but seeing that i made the order on Christmas day itself, sent an email to confirm my order too, i wasnt expecting to receive any reply till after the holidays (i.e. after New Year's Day) but lo and behold, i got an email from Rob yesterday, telling me that they'll be back to work on 5th January 2009 and my order should be shipped then.

So, i'll be here in Singapore, twiddling my opposable thumbs and anxiously awaiting my Raw NS (woo hoo! again).

Thanks for the quick reply Rob.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
woo hoo!!!!

received an email saying that my Raw had been shipped on 6th Jan, came home after work (15th Jan) and drinks with friends to see a package (exactly like the one in the pics posted earlier by some other CPF-ers) and WOO HOO!! me Lummi's here!! 9 days all in was what it took!!

Thank you Lummi!!! I LOVE THE BEAM warmer than a Q5 and its great!!!!

steel

Newly Enlightened
congratulations hyperloop ordered mine on the 16 dec and i'm still waiting for shipping conformation. how do you like your light so far? Does it throw much? Cheers greg

sunsync

Newly Enlightened
FYI: I ordered both a RAW NS and WEE NS, which Rob processed smooth as silk. Assembled in 4 days; shipped from UK to California in 5 days. Communication was great.

Most important, these 'torches' are works of art, with great functionality. I'm a novice (first custom lights) so I cannot quantify performance or discuss beam characteristics, but I am very pleased, and normally not prone to customer testimonials. Thank you Rob.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
congratulations hyperloop ordered mine on the 16 dec and i'm still waiting for shipping conformation. how do you like your light so far? Does it throw much? Cheers greg

I've got the warm tint, love it!!! better CRI and yes, for its size, the darn little thing throws pretty durn far, with ambient lighting i could see things 12 floors down when i shone it from my balcony.

Pictures wont tell the tale, so go get one and try

Centropolis

Enlightened
I've got the warm tint, love it!!! better CRI and yes, for its size, the darn little thing throws pretty durn far, with ambient lighting i could see things 12 floors down when i shone it from my balcony.

Pictures wont tell the tale, so go get one and try

Which lumens version did you order? I am still trying to decide whether to go with a 200/20 or a 100/20.

Obviously this light is not meant to be use outdoors for too long but that's exactly what I plan to do and will get extra batteries to run it but would 100 lumens be good enough for seeing pretty far with this small light? I know I can definitely walk around a campsite with a E01 at about 10 lumens but wondering if the 100 lumen version of the Raw is good enough for general outdoor use? Or should I go all the way to 200 lumens version?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i cannot really recall what i ordered but it was most likely a neutral white 100/20. cos i remember that i wanted longer runtimes instead of insane output but for all practical purposes, useless.

The 100/20 is more than ample enough for hiking, went night fishing last night and had the opportunity to test out a few lights. decided that throwers, while fun, arent as useful as either an MC-E or P7 light with modes so that you can have a balance between output and runtime while having a very useful beam.

EDIT: To be more specific in answering your question: I personally think that 100 lumens would be more than sufficient for outdoor use as long as you arent thinking of throwing a beam way out there.

Last edited:

steel

Newly Enlightened
hi

glad you like it hyperloop got a wee allready and robs work is excellent very very well made, the wee is mainly flood tho

Centropolis i wasnt sure which to order either so i went with the 200/20 hoping that 20 lumens is more than enough to walk about with and just use the 200 for showing off and the fact that its 200 from something so small:twothumbs you can also order a pcb and change it yourself so i was thinking of getting a 100/20 in the near future.

i just went with the standard cree not that bothered about colour redemtion but thats just me

Centropolis

Enlightened
To be more specific in answering your question: I personally think that 100 lumens would be more than sufficient for outdoor use as long as you arent thinking of throwing a beam way out there.

No I am not expecting throw from this. I have enough other flashlights to guess how bright is 100 lumens but was just wondering if the Lummi 100 lumens are "Fenix Lumens" or "Surefire Lumens"...you know what I mean?

I am leaning towards the 100/20 anyway because 25 minutes of runtime just not long enough for a 4 day camping trip. I need to being extra battery anyway.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Centropolis i wasnt sure which to order either so i went with the 200/20 hoping that 20 lumens is more than enough to walk about with and just use the 200 for showing off and the fact that its 200 from something so small:twothumbs you can also order a pcb and change it yourself so i was thinking of getting a 100/20 in the near future.

I am one of those people that tend not to experiment with modding and opening up heads. I am even afraid to try SF legos at this point. Not afraid but just don't find the right reasons to.

I will probably get the 100/20 and see how much I use it. Then maybe later I will get a 200/20 PCB.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am leaning towards the 100/20 anyway because 25 minutes of runtime just not long enough for a 4 day camping trip. I need to being extra battery anyway.

Understand precisely, which is why i opted for the 20/100 Q3-5A combo.

Ordered 2 x 14250s from AW too, so i now have three cells, 2 sit in a pill box in my bag which is with me nearly everyday and if on weekends, i usually EDC 2 lights so no biggie (my LD01 is always on my keychain).

Then at the end of each week, the cell in the light is rotated for charging and one from the pillbox goes into the Raw (which sees use everyday, just for shining around, impressing people etc)

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
:party: yippee... got my raw ns today. ordered 11/26/08 qnd received 1/20/09. for the 1st month i mostly forgot that i had ordered it (except christmas day because it was my present). the last week had me racing home every day to check the mail.
i got the 200/20 warm tint emitter and it definately has the WOW factor. the 20 lumin setting is fine for darn near everything that needs doing. the 200 lumin setting is off the hook! the beam does have a ring around a very large hotspot and it has the perfect amount of flood. if not for the ring you would almost think it was an incan from the warmth.... almost.
crank this sucker up to full blast and it walks all over my d10 on high. 200 lumins is more than you really need but i figure what the hell.... crank it up!
centropolis wonders about the 100 lumin output for camping. this would not be my main light for camping regardless of the cool factor, but if it were, i would definately go with the 100/20 .
i gotta go hang out in the garage for a while now and play with my raw. :rock:

dradee1

Newly Enlightened
I`ve now had my Raw ns 200/20 and Wee ns 25 for a couple days. Just playing around I still cant believe how nice these are in terms of light output and quality.

Untill you actually have one in your hands you dont realize just how cool they are.

Good thing I got my deposit in the for the Wee ag!

Ohh even the plastic bolt case is wicked that the Raw comes in, I really wish the wee would have come in one of those aswell :) hint hint

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve now had my Raw ns 200/20 and Wee ns 25 for a couple days. Just playing around I still cant believe how nice these are in terms of light output and quality.

Untill you actually have one in your hands you dont realize just how cool they are.

Good thing I got my deposit in the for the Wee ag!

Ohh even the plastic bolt case is wicked that the Raw comes in, I really wish the wee would have come in one of those aswell :) hint hint

+1 on that. I cannot imagine what the 20/200 is like, i have the 20/100 and it is already darn bright! Think i need to order another one, this time the 20/200

Latest posts