• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

ven

Flashaholic
Few beam pics from earlier of the rc40vnT

Love this light

Only luke warm after a few mins, where as the k60 and even the k70 were quite warm for the same time running! and a lot more output.........

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks OG, it really is an impressive light all round, size and output! It is a highly recommend for sure............

easilyled

Flashaholic
That's a real beast Mark. Its putting out an enormous amount of light a long way. Must be even more dramatic in reality than in your pictures, I'm guessing.

VNguyen

Enlightened
If the rc40vnT outperforms the k70vn in heat management, that's something to think about because my k70vn barely gets warm.

ven

Flashaholic
It does Daniel, the phone is overwhelmed by most lights and it just can not pick up the brightness past 100yds or so..................no chance. Now what i see in real life is pretty much well caught regarding colours(the iphone 6 is great for night time colours). But where it looks like no light.........its lit up very well, enough to easily see someone for example. The xhp70 and p60vnQ lit up the field well past the view. Honestly , i say its a 30%-50% representation of what i can see............

The rc40vnT is a must for anyone wanting the ultimate all round package that can actually be used for a decent amount of time, without heat issues..............it got luke warm at best after at least 5m of use at 100%. The other lights were quite warm to getting hot at that time, yet 4500lm v 8000lm of the rc40. The flood is not as broad as say a tk75vn due to deeper yet narrower reflectors...........but its still very broad amount of spill, ample for flood junkies, yet throw junkies get their fix too. I would say the ultimate S&R light..........

ven

Flashaholic
If the rc40vnT outperforms the k70vn in heat management, that's something to think about because my k70vn barely gets warm.

k70vn is not too bad at 2600lm, but it is better yes, or it was in my testing and it must be around 18oC outside...............I did notice the k60vn get warmest the quickest............but 4500lm is almost double the k70vn and the similar host/size. The k70vn will run for a decent duration's, not tested in anger though as found i dont need long times for my thrower uses.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, proud new owner of the rc40vnF! It's real funny how the eyes and one's expectations really can play tricks. This is my first big light, so really didn't know what to expect. when I turned all 6 LEDs on max, my eyes, weren't that impressed. IT was real bright, considering I was inside and all, but I was "expecting" a powerhouse and the output didn't seem like that of a powerhouse light. My next most powerful light is m43vn and I have been real impressed with that light, especially size to output ratio. I'd do ceiling bounce and it looks like I have the room lights on. So tonight, after testing the rc40, I grabbed the m43 and did a bounce test. That's when I realized that my eyes and expectations together were playing a trick on me! the m43 looked in comparison like a 10 dollar Maglite! then after dark, I took the rc out back for a real test and my word, 1/3 acre all lit up. you could have played a full game of volleyball just with the light from the RC. awesome job. I was gonna get the k60 next, but I'm gonna enjoy this one a bit first. now onto the p60's next. waiting for this one to come was really painful but ultimately equally satisfying! thanks to Ven and the rest of RC owners whose collective experiences guided this purchase. btw, I see that Vinh has raised the price of the F version after making mine!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteboy, you got it. I am happy for you..

thank you. I also wanna say how nice the tint of the xhp70's are! just the perfect tint of white, no blue whatsoever! also, I used the strap and took a walk with all 6 LEDs on at 1%. the beam is so useful IMO, just the right amount of hotspot and spill.

thank you Vinh for another spectacular creation!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
We know rc40vnf operate one switch for 3 leds. Maybe someone can design the switch that can operate with one finger,.. Maybe add on cover or something.,,

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
We know rc40vnf operate one switch for 3 leds. Maybe someone can design the switch that can operate with one finger,.. Maybe add on cover or something.,,

Even with small fingers, I'm able to hit both buttons at once with the thumb. But yeah would've been even more perfect perhaps if all LEDs came on with a press. I think of it as a lower level than is possible with all 6 at 1%

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
RC40vn - Large Rechargeable

XHP70.2 6500K
DriverVNX2
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack

and other led configurations now on the SL website. :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote: "RC40vn - Large Rechargeable

RC40vn50: Throw version with tight hot spot

XHP50.2 6500K
DriverVNX2
Upgraded High Drain LG 3500mAh"

Lumen: We are all excited to find out, judging by lack of sleep.

Lux: Same as above.

Throw: Same as above, but even more for me. :)

I am going to guess that the RC40vn50 6x XHP50.2 6500K DriverVNX2 will have 12,750 lumens and 925 meters throw. I hope my lumen guess is low, and I hope my throw guess is way way low.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong. I like Fenix.
I have
Tk75vn XML PDT
Tk75vn xhp 70 diffuse dome
Tk61vn ideal.
Rc40vn40. Xhp 70 diffuse dome
Rc40vn ideal.

By the way, Fenix should release quad xhp 35 thrower... Fenix for life.
Me too, even though I only have one.

Fenix should release something somewhat larger than the RC40 with seven two-inch diameter non overlapping, very deep XHP35 reflector wells.

Vinh should be releasing specs for the RC40vn50 six x XHP50.2.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also waiting for the rc40vn xhp 70.2 lumen and lux number..

Here is my prediction for the lumen/lux
rc40vn xhp50.2 .... 22000 lumen and 305k lux
rc40vn xhp70.2 .... 28000 lumen and 248k lux..

:)

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also waiting for the rc40vn xhp 70.2 lumen and lux number..

Here is my prediction for the lumen/lux
rc40vn xhp50.2 .... 22000 lumen and 305k lux
rc40vn xhp70.2 .... 28000 lumen and 248k lux..

:) Last edited by Newlumen; Today at 05:24 PM.
Hey, where did this post come from? It wasn't there two days ago!

My guess was: "RC40vn50 6x XHP50.2 6500K DriverVNX2 will have 12,750 lumens and 925 meters throw."

Your guess is 22000 lumen and about 1000 meters throw.

I most certainly hope you are a lot more correct than I am. :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
RC40vn - Large Rechargeable
DriverVNX2
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack

Two led configurations. now on the SL website. :)
23 days since this has appeared on the SL website, and no specs yet. I am gonna email Vinh and ask him.

RC40vn50.2: Throw version with tight hot spot. XHP50.2 6500K. DriverVNX2

Lumens?

Throw?

I am hoping for a little less throw than the X65 and a lot more lumens, and also I am hoping for a little less lumens than the X45 with a lot more throw.