• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn40 - 40,000 Lumen ;-)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know - when I built my sphere a few years ago, I knew damn well you would be the first one to create a light that was beyond its max spec. lol.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
you know - when I built my sphere a few years ago, I knew damn well you would be the first one to create a light that was beyond its max spec. lol.

;-)

At first when i turn on the light it read 13K lumen. I was so dissapointed. Then i quickly realize that the Sony cells are not fully charged so i charge then for a couple hours. Put the light back into the sphere turn the light on. The meter went nuts couldn't get a reading so I turn on One Bank of led only. Read over 20k lumen...oh boyy...turn it off. Read the other bank. Also over 20k lumen..I needed a moment of silence.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I turn on One Bank of led only. Read over 20k lumen...oh boyy...turn it off. Read the other bank. Also over 20k lumen

Are the two banks drawing on different cells?

Cause if they are drawing on the same cells, then there is some chance that the output with both banks turned on will be higher or lower than the sum of the two separate banks. I.e., if two loads are on the same cell, then they might reduce the current to the other load, in comparison to what each load could draw if it were the only load on those cells.

Even without a bigger integrating sphere, you might be able to check that by checking the amp draw of a single bank, and then checking the amp draw of that bank when the second bank is on at the same time.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are the two banks drawing on different cells?

Cause if they are drawing on the same cells, then there is some chance that the output with both banks turned on will be higher or lower than the sum of the two separate banks. I.e., if two loads are on the same cell, then they might reduce the current to the other load, in comparison to what each load could draw if it were the only load on those cells.

Even without a bigger integrating sphere, you might be able to check that by checking the amp draw of a single bank, and then checking the amp draw of that bank when the second bank is on at the same time.

I can also celing bounce and interpolate

peabody

Enlightened
Holy Sunspot Batman! Dang that is one bright machine. Thanks for the big smile on my face!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come nobody has mentioned price yet? I know it's sold out, but seems secretive. I would like to know the price if it's ok

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please email me. You can be the 5th. Thats all folks

old-man-crying.gif