Recently lost my preon 2

shrapnelwound

Newly Enlightened
I was camping in eastern Massachusetts recently and lost my preon 2 light from four sevens. I went to use it when I first got to the campsite and realized it was dead from being accidentally actuated in my pocket, which is the first time that ever happened with that light. I did have a backup in the form of a single cell preon, so I put the dead light in my bag (or I thought I did). When I got home, can't find it in the bag:oops: :fail:

This is the first flashlight I've lost and I'm really missing it. My single cell preon with the clicky tail cap isn't the same...as a result I've switched over to my Eagletac p20c2 for edc and I'm really liking it. Bigger, but more capable and I like the strike bezel a lot. It is the XML led version with quite high output! Advertised at over 500 lumens on max I think.

Should I replace the Preon 2? Is the eagletac p20c2 overkill for edc ( I like it, but is it too tactical for most people)? These are the questions I'm asking myself, and I figured I would ask here.

beach honda

Enlightened
Eh....I know the feeling all too well about losing lights. Hell, I lost a ZebraLight sc31 and an Eagtac D25cTi in the same day once. Wtf!?!?

i hope you are able to find another for cheap on the mp. Better retention method next time? I use lanyards on everything now. EVERYTHING.

weez82

Enlightened
Sorry to hear you lost a light. That sucks. As for your question, only you can answer it. For me an edc has to be something that is very comfortable to carry. If it's too wide or heavy I wont carry it. And I find the Preon 2 very comfortable to carry. Slim and light weight, it disappears in the pocket :)

shrapnelwound

Newly Enlightened
I can't deny a lanyard is a great idea that probably would have saved me from losing my light. The bag I thought I put the light into has a keeper that I do clip lights to on a regular basis...:stupid:

My current thinking is, I will replace the Preon, but its edc spot might be taken. The eagletac is comfortable for edc in my opinion, the hell with what the sheeple think about it. Also, the eagletac seems to go better with the tactical folders I carry. A para military 2 or a full size griptillian.

I can't imagine losing two lights in one day beach Honda, that would devastate my collection because its so small. Is a small collection a valid excuse to buy more lights?:D

shrapnelwound

Newly Enlightened
It's settled then, new lights! Nice to see a Kubrick fan here. I like "eyes wide shut",even though they edited it to not make sense....