Recommend me a light please

DJMsLED

Newly Enlightened
I am looking into buying the Fenix LD20 LED 180 lumen flashlight with the CREE LED. I found it for about $60 shipped.

My questions is, can you recommend me a better flashlight with a better bang for the buck with the following features:

LED
AA powered
Long run-time (Greater than 1.5 hrs. on high setting, longer the better)
Anodized Alum. body or equivalent
Spot beam with long throw
Rubber Tail on/off switch (not a deal breaker)
Regulated
Around $60 +/-

I have been out of the flashlight loop for a while and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks all! :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How much throw woud you like?

Well you can check the Jetbeam Jet I Pro IBS EX. The larger reflector should give more throw. The Fenix TK20 should also give more throw but is larger because of the larger reflector, thicker body, and rubber grip. The warmer LED should make colors pop out more. The Eagletac P10A2 and Olight T25 are also good choices for 2 AA lights that can throw well. 8% off coupon at 4sevens is "CPF8".

DJMsLED

Newly Enlightened
How much throw woud you like?

Well you can check the Jetbeam Jet I Pro IBS EX. The larger reflector should give more throw. The Fenix TK20 should also give more throw but is larger because of the larger reflector, thicker body, and rubber grip. The warmer LED should make colors pop out more. The Eagletac P10A2 and Olight T25 are also good choices for 2 AA lights that can throw well. 8% off coupon at 4sevens is "CPF8".

Great advice. I have never heard of the Eagletac and Olight before. Thats why this forum is so great. Is there a CPF favorite out of these lights?

I am looking for something with a nice spot beam. I plan on using the light to set decoys in the early morning hours for waterfowl hunting. I want a tight beam so I can see the decoys from the blind, probably about 30-50 yeards away.

Thanks again!!! :twothumbs

DJMsLED

Newly Enlightened
So whats the CPF favorite for a 2AA light with long throw in mind?

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So whats the CPF favorite for a 2AA light with long throw in mind?

Favorite 2xAA light? If you search on CPF for the Fenix TK20, you will find a lot of comments about a tight beam and good throw and good color rendition. I had a copy - those comments are correct. However the TK20 beam is way too tight for my needs so I sold it. I need more spill light to even find the "target". I would rather have the Eagletac P10A2 in 2xAA format, or the P3D-Q5 if you are willing to use CR123 cells.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
30-50 yards isn't that far. The L2D-CE Q5/LD20 should throw around 100 yard of usable light(will depend a lot on ambient lighting). It should be fine for the task.

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
The L2D/LD20 are great, solid lights. The current "hot-topic" AA lights here seem the be the Fenix TK20 for its "warm-tint" and the EagleTac P10A2. The TK20 is a good light geared for throw at the expense of beam size. Like Moldyoldy I found my TK20's beam to be too narrow for actual use at anything....
The EagleTac line is popular because they are currently the highest output lights in their class... They not only have some of the best-in-class throw, but set the standard for having a wide, very bright beam that lights up more of the distance and everything inbetween. The P10A2 is the highest output 2xAA on the market and there are only literally a handful of LED's of any kind (CR123, 18650, etc) that can match or better its out-put.