Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Willmore said:

The only way that this money won't 'get back into the economy' is if people stuff it in a bag and hide it under the mattress. Who's more likely to do that? (this is obviously silly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if the money is invested overseas it may take a while to return to this economy. This occurred in the 1980s with the Reagan "Trickle Down Theory" ["Trickle OUT Theory" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ]. It took nearly a decade for that money to return to the U.S. economy. Hopefully that won't happen this time (due to the over-bought condition of the European markets and the "Asian Meltdown"). At least that's what I'm hoping.

Dan

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
DieselDave said: WOW, ikendu we nearly agree!

Kinda scary, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DieselDave said:It's sad but funny the balanced budget is a Republican policy from the early 90's and now it's the Democrats battle cry.

Yeah. What's up with that? Republicans used to call Democrats "Tax and Spend" politicians. Now it looks like Republicans are "Borrow and Spend" politicians.

My main point: If you think Gov't should be smaller...fine. Make it smaller. But...pay for whatever size gov't we have. Let's not borrow from the future 'cause our politicians don't have the courage to cut spending.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
It's sad but funny the balanced budget is a Republican policy from the early 90's and now it's the Democrats battle cry. The line is blurred.

[/ QUOTE ]
Making it a "policy" and actually doing something to achieve it are worlds apart, of course. And this sharpens the line a tad for me.