Review: Convoy S2+ (the red one!) – Fantastic 18650 EDC

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please confirm that the Convoy S2 can use 2 cr123a cells?

I don't think so.
This is clearly an 18650 light and 2 123 cells will be almost double that voltage,right?
Have you ever seen anyone try this?

novarider

Newly Enlightened
I don't think so.
This is clearly an 18650 light and 2 123 cells will be almost double that voltage,right?
Have you ever seen anyone try this?

No that's why I'm asking. I am looking for a decent light to leave in my vehicles that takes lithium 123a batteries.

ven

Flashaholic
As above no support for the cr123 cells(voltage too high for driver). Look at lights from thrunite and fenix which are 18650 fed, but support 2x cr123 cells. Thrunite tn12 NW to name one light that may suit your needs.

mr_magicfingers

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone on this thread, I recently too delivery of a red S2+. I went with the T6-3B tint and *6 driver. Only a bit of testing but so far really pleased with the light, which will go in it's pouch on my belt next to my Leatherman Surge. I live and work on a little farm and it'll be getting daily use for everything from finding stuff in the back of the barn to taking the dogs out for their night-time constitutional. Now just have to figure out how to program just the options I need in the new software :)