Review of a Blu-ray Laser Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Review of a Blu-Ray Laser Module

I monitor the output with a silicon PV cell.
The black spaces I "saw" were well within the AF range, so response of the cell and the scope is not exceeded - not by a long shot.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Craig, can you recomend me a Green Laser High Output? Maybe 100mw, but truth 100mw, do you know were can i get it? if used is ok too, i have to expend around 120$...

Thanks for your help...

badhorsey

Newly Enlightened

This is absolutely fascinating. It would be great to see a step-by-step of the method of building this (not wishing to take away from your little cottage industry, by the way!

We'll hopefully be seeing violet laser pointers very soon (which I'm sure, according to some manufacturers, will reach the moon etc)

allthatwhichis

Enlightened

The_LED_Museum said:
UPDATE: 05-05-07
You ***MUST NOT*** shine this in your eye - not even when the unit is below lasing threshold!!!
You will have bright afterimages that can persist for up to several DAYS...yes, I learned this the hard way
roll2.gif

ohgeez.gif
DOH!

We need a smiley that has an eye patch... :grin2:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Even below lasing threshold, the near-UV radiation is at almost a point source, and therefore, far brighter than the eye was designed to accomodate at these wavelengths.
Much brighter than any NUV LED you can find.
And yes, I'll reiterate: IT WAS BELOW LASING THRESHOLD!!! :green:

I'll agree - we need a graemlin that has an eye patch. :)
roll2.gif
:)

I'll go see if I can find one...BBS...nope, couldn't find one, so I made one:
patch.gif

Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
... I made one:
patch.gif

NICE!!! Might want to make him look a lil "unhappy" about his situation...
mpr.gif
or maybe
ironic.gif
... :grin2:

You know, I keep seeing these flashlight raffles... One of these UV "pens" would make a nice raffle.
thinking.gif

SenKat

Enlightened
allthatwhichis said:
NICE!!! Might want to make him look a lil "unhappy" about his situation...
mpr.gif
or maybe
ironic.gif
... :grin2:

You know, I keep seeing these flashlight raffles... One of these UV "pens" would make a nice raffle.
thinking.gif

I DO believe you are correct - it would be an EXCELLENT raffle item !

ScarabDrowner

Newly Enlightened
ok, I just have to ask, what is up with "bash, toliaflex and torque?" only the other "T" seems to change. (and yes, I understand what BTTT originally means)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The phrase was originally "BTTT (Bash Toliet Toliet Toliet)" but I was kindly asked to refrain from using the phrase on CPF.
So I had to come up with other terms besides "Toliet" to make the phrase work. :thumbsup:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
The phrase was originally "BTTT (Bash Toliet Toliet Toliet)" but I was kindly asked to refrain from using the phrase on CPF.
So I had to come up with other terms besides "Toliet" to make the phrase work. :thumbsup:

This may be a stupid question and NOT on topic... but why were you asked to refrain from using the phrase... "Toilet"? :confused: :ironic:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
SenKat said:
Uhm...What is a TOLIET ? I assumed you meant toilet - but I have learned not to assume too much anymore....
I've misspelled that word since at least 1993.

To wit:

aidsd7.gif

door1.gif

The top one is from an educational demo about AIDS that I wrote for the Commodore 64 computer in September 1993.
The bottom one is a screen for a BBS that I made around the same time.
Note the misspelled word on both of those screens.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
allthatwhichis said:
This may be a stupid question and NOT on topic... but why were you asked to refrain from using the phrase... "Toilet"? :confused: :ironic:
Because some people who use CPF are rather sensitive about that particular fixture.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Because some people who use CPF are rather sensitive about that particular fixture.

Honestly that makes me want to give up my CPF membership... As you say, it is a fixture, an appliance... It is probably cleaner than most... nevermind. It is not worth it. I find it offensive that you were asked to refrain from using the word. People need to worry about much more... sensitive matters than using "that particular fixture"'s name in a post on a public forum. I've seen worse words on an eBay auction. :sigh: What would that person use to describe... that fixture, to a child they were... training to use... that fixture? :duh2: We already have to sugarcoat what goes in there, now we need to sugarcoat the bowl also? Might as well start drinking daiquiries out of that fixture... :green:

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
allthatwhichis said:
Honestly that makes me want to give up my CPF membership... As you say, it is a fixture, an appliance... It is probably cleaner than most... nevermind. It is not worth it. I find it offensive that you were asked to refrain from using the word. People need to worry about much more... sensitive matters than using "that particular fixture"'s name in a post on a public forum. I've seen worse words on an eBay auction. :sigh: What would that person use to describe... that fixture, to a child they were... training to use... that fixture? :duh2: We already have to sugarcoat what goes in there, now we need to sugarcoat the bowl also? Might as well start drinking daiquiries out of that fixture... :green:

I'm with allthat on this one... IMO this steps into political correctness and the overly sensitive feelings of people around the world nowadays. If you're ofended by the word "toilet" or "toliet" for reasons only personal, I have two words for you "grow up!"

Thanking your understanding;
DDL

Last edited:

Heruursciences

Newly Enlightened
Oh NO!!! Try rapping the laser firmly on a hard counter top etc lens end down and see if the lens pops back in place. Failing that, send it back to me and i'll attempt to repair it for you.

BTW I have another unit on ebay currently also :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hi Chris,

I tried rapping it firmly multiple times against a hard surface face-down and met with only partial success.
PM or email me your address and I'll get it sent your way pronto. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.