Review Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Solarforce host - L2T

Well I don't know how it's anodized, but it's tough. Mine took a hard drop onto the tile floor and came out of it unscathed. The matte finish is nice... Honestly, I think the anodization is better than the L2P... A very nice host for the money. I like the black Al smooth bezel ring as well... too bad it's not Surefire compatible...

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened

Well I don't know how it's anodized, but it's tough. Mine took a hard drop onto the tile floor and came out of it unscathed. The matte finish is nice... Honestly, I think the anodization is better than the L2P... A very nice host for the money. I like the black Al smooth bezel ring as well... too bad it's not Surefire compatible...

Wow you got your's already? That was fast!

-A little bit jealous, mine should be here any day I guess

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow you got your's already? That was fast!

-A little bit jealous, mine should be here any day I guess

Yep.. and it's nice too! It's really growing on me. I just wish they had left some lettering off. They are serial numbered though. The forward click is the best feeling of any Solarforce switch yet. I could be mistaken but the anodize looks exactly the same as on the L2P...

Chicago X

Enlightened

Thanks for the review, old4570 !!!

#548 landed here yesterday...I'm placing an order for 3 more. :thumbsup:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

Does a light need to be a certain dollar amount to be in the Flashlight Reviews Section??

You see, there has never been a clear definition on what defines a Budget Light in this Sub Section,
the overall partisan view of CPF is troubling.

What if a Manufacture you call a Budget Light did a did a multi-year advertising deal in CPF,
would you still push them off to a Sub Section?

Last edited by a moderator:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

1003141s.jpg

Got one of those belt clips [ took me a while ] ....

Must order another L2T , I think my new fav L2 , feels even nicer than the L2P

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened

1003141s.jpg

Got one of those belt clips [ took me a while ] ....

Must order another L2T , I think my new fav L2 , feels even nicer than the L2P

was thinking of getting the PC25 but for the price of the L2T and a Manafont UF 3mode dropin, it can't be beat.

spexmaniac

Newly Enlightened

The R5 was my favourite drop in until I borrowed a Thrunite catapult V3 XM-L that blew me away, when I saw DX and SF were doing cheapish XM-L drop ins I bought a couple, now slowly I'm being converted. The R5 does have more throw due to a more intense hotspot, but the amout of light coming out of an XM-L just won me over. There was a good thread about XM-L vs R5 here the vids in post #9 sums it up pretty well. I wouldn't be dissapointed with either drop in, and it depends on your usage -long range spotting or medium range light up everything.
thanks for the lead on the pocket clip, I feel more spending coming on :grin2:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm Throw ?

By best R5 is the Tustfire T2 , some 9500+ Lux at 1meter

But a few of my XM-L 's go over that , and give 10,000+Lux at 1meter ..

Now the hotspot vanishes at range with the XM-L much faster than the XP-G , but I still find the throw to be quite good with the XM-L
Its just harder to notice since the XM-L lights up so much in front of you ...

palimpsest

Newly Enlightened

The Drop-in module recesses "a lot" in every L2 models and the bezel on the L2T cuts even more spill. Stupid bezel = less light.

spexmaniac

Newly Enlightened

Hmm Throw ?

By best R5 is the Tustfire T2 , some 9500+ Lux at 1meter

But a few of my XM-L 's go over that , and give 10,000+Lux at 1meter ..

Now the hotspot vanishes at range with the XM-L much faster than the XP-G , but I still find the throw to be quite good with the XM-L
Its just harder to notice since the XM-L lights up so much in front of you ...

That's probably a much better way of saying what I meant :grin2:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes , I ordered another L2T + flat SS bezel for more light output ...

The extended bezels can easily block 100 Lumen or more because the spill is brighter with the XM-L , Using a different host with a XM-L drop in that offers next to no bezel block , I get over 900L output without having to push the emitter hard . I would really like to see a trend towards less bezel block in P60 hosts , Im so over the so called defensive bezel . Ive started grinding them down flat .

recDNA

Flashaholic

Yes , I ordered another L2T + flat SS bezel for more light output ...

The extended bezels can easily block 100 Lumen or more because the spill is brighter with the XM-L , Using a different host with a XM-L drop in that offers next to no bezel block , I get over 900L output without having to push the emitter hard . I would really like to see a trend towards less bezel block in P60 hosts , Im so over the so called defensive bezel . Ive started grinding them down flat .

Is there a picture of it with the flat bezel?

CM2010

Enlightened
Re: New Solarforce host - L2T ** Review see post #41**

Got mine earlier with a new bezel and tailstand,loving it:

acrho7.jpg

rat2iv.jpg

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh dear ! - I just ordered my 3rd L2T the other day ...

My 2nd one has the flat SS bezel , + I built a low current XM-L 3 mode pill , which is just wonderful .

1.41A measured at the tail and 470L out the front on high , Medium is 0.44A and 147L , while low is 24L and 0.07A ... Just right for me ...

Oooh Dear , the A001 head ! - Does look good on the L2T does it not - Tempting but just a little pricey , Im going to ask if they can sell the head less the junk bezels .

I really am taking to the XM-L , and the L2T is a great host .

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

b0c9c.jpg

Only have 3 L2T's ........
The midle one is a empty host , will build another low current drop in for it [ so far the low voltage drop in I built is fantastic - its just so well regulated - the battery is down to 3.9?v and the light is maintaining 470L+ ]
The new drop in to be built , will use a XP-E OP - pill from KD , the hole for the LED will be inlarged for the XM-L , I will use the KD driver and mod it to 3 mode , and this time I will use a U2 emitter [ T6 before ] .
With the U2 I may see 500+ , but so far Im seriously pleased with the way things went , the L2T + low current XM-L has quickly become my favourite combination and my No1 reach for light .

naked2

Enlightened

I'm almost positive I'm ordering one of these, with the XM-L 3~6V single mode drop-in. What happened to post #41?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Drop-in module recesses "a lot" in every L2 models and the bezel on the L2T cuts even more spill. Stupid bezel = less light.

I think this is the photo with the cigar ring installed backwards. Is it not? The L2T is definitely a great host. The finish almost looks and feels like a phosphorus type finish. I don't think it is HAIII. The shorter SS bezel is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup: