Review Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

I've never tried that, but I would think it would work much better than foil, as long as you can get a good snug fit.

fyrstormer

Banned

1003141s.jpg

Got one of those belt clips [ took me a while ] ....

Must order another L2T , I think my new fav L2 , feels even nicer than the L2P
That's the picture I needed to see. Thanks for reading my mind 7 months in advance. :devil:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

A while ago I got a Surefire C2 Centurion, obviously the inspiration to Solarforce L2T. Then I moved Malkoff M61W in C2 instead and it fits perfect. While the Surefire definitely is at least one quality step above the Solarforce, the Solarforce is very nice and actually provides a bit more comfortable hold.

Therefore I want another LED-dropin to L2T. Unfortunately the most dropins I got from Solarforce have a nasty bluish tint.
Any proposals of dropins to L2T, in neutral or warm tint and 500lumen or more?

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Just wanted to chime in on this bumped thread, that I have had an L2T since the fall and it is an incredible value. The fit and finish are superb, and for the price it is unbelievably well made. What a great way to get into the world of P60 drop-ins.

odd

Newly Enlightened

Therefore I want another LED-dropin to L2T. Unfortunately the most dropins I got from Solarforce have a nasty bluish tint. Any proposals of dropins to L2T, in neutral or warm tint and 500lumen or more?
KD offers a 5-mode and a 1-mode warm tint xm-l dropin.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone got the SS L2T SE?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got no ss, but a super grippy rubber one :) You need more than 10 tumbs to drop this one :) Also got a mc-clicky installed. It's a really nice light, well worth the upgrade.
img6262r.jpg

Last edited:

Midnight Oil

Enlightened

Just got my L2T. Took about 3 weeks to arrive in the US from HK. Great value. Solid construction. My only gripes are regarding the head and the clicky---the former having too tall a bezel ring which blocks a considerable amount of spill; the latter having too much travel before the light is momentarily activated or the switch engaged, making the Surefire method of activating the light very very very very difficult.

No rattle with 18650.

Got 2 Solarforce XML dropins as well--- 3.7V 3 mode (H-M-L) and 3-6V 3 mode (H-M-S). No detectable cool tint. MED of 3.7V module appears equally as bright as my NB 2.8-5.5V XPG R5 on high. Low modes are via PWM, which is not noticeable to me, except when dust particles cross the beam in a dark room. The high on the 3.7V module is noticeably brighter than that on the 3-6V module. Smooth reflectors produce beautiful beams, no artifacts. Tried using OP reflectors to see if a more diffused beam could be obtained --- no, in fact a lot of light is lost. And no, the SMO reflectors do not work with XRE R2s.

8ball29

Newly Enlightened
I see Surefire being used as a comparison several times, can anyone tell me if this host would be suitable for a weapon mounted light? It would be for a AR-15 which has relatively light recoil. The plan would be to run a single mode p60 (somewhere between throw and flood) @ 200 lumens or less in conjunction with a 18650. I'd also like to have a 3 or 5 mode on standby.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be good to go. Springs on both ends of the battery means the driver board would be safe from battery impact, and in my experience this light has been reliable so far (I have owned mine for approximately 3 months).