Review UPDATED: SureFire Titan AAA Black 15/125 Lumen Warning: Pic Heavy

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Review SureFire Titan AAA Black 15/125 Lumen Warning: Pic Heavy

Thanks guys!!

Thanks for the review; quick question, can someone identify that emitter in the close-up pic?

I was hesitant to guess. But, I too was thinking it may be a XP-G2. But I am not near as good at identifying them as some of you fine folks. So curious to hear what folks say. I finally got a tripod yesterday. I could try a few more Macro pics if that would help?

carrot

Flashaholic

Welp, thanks to your thread and Kelmo making me jealous I decided to run out today to B&H and pick one up. I have too many lights on my keys already, buuuuut this is a nice one.

Very floody. It reminds me of the L2 I used to have many years ago, but obviously much, much smaller, and maybe a little less bright.

carrot

Flashaholic

And the machining! It looks and feels great in the hands, and has less thread play than I've seen on any other light. And wow, is it smooth!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

And the machining! It looks and feels great in the hands, and has less thread play than I've seen on any other light. And wow, is it smooth!

Yes Indeed, it is a tight light, and the threads are something that one has to feel! I say buttery, but WOW are they smooth as silk. I haven't felt many like it.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice little review. Thanks a lot for it!

Chadder

Enlightened

I got mine in the mail today from battery junction and I am eager for dark to really test it out. I really like the warm tint.

nbp

Flashaholic

Well if it gets the Carrot stamp of approval, I don't see how I can go wrong!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got to play with mine last night. This light is slightly larger than my beloved Arc AAA. It has some heft to it. The fit and finish is typical SF, beautiful and looks like it will take a beating. The lo/hi split is perfect for me. The tint has the slightest hint of green on low and is creamy white on high. I installed an Energizer lithium battery and had to jam it in. I will need a pair of needle nose pliers to get it out. No battery rattle LOL.

This is now my primary EDC.

For those of you on the fence, get one! It's not everyday you can get a brand new SF for under $60!

kelmo

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice review.

In my opinion, it was the lack of a clip and inability to tail stand that killed the original Titan. Well, that and a "bottom of the barrel" horribly blue emitter stuck into a $300 light.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

kelmo it is tight! I tried the lithium and I could get it in and out with some effort. But far from stuck.

I dropped my keys yesterday and the Titan was on the ring. So it was about a four foot fall on concrete. I had to look hard to find damage. I found a micro knick on the front of bezel. It faired better than any other ano has with that same drop. It was raining and I was rushing and wet. So there's that. More drops to come. For the price, this and a G2 are about the only SF that I can drop and not cry about.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I don't like that lithium primary fits that tightly. When hot you cannot get it out quickly.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I plan to use mine with a lithium primary when I get it so the moment I acquire one, off to the backyard with a dowel and 1000 grit sandpaper to widen the internal diameter just enough to fit all types of cells.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Nice review.

In my opinion, it was the lack of a clip and inability to tail stand that killed the original Titan. Well, that and a "bottom of the barrel" horribly blue emitter stuck into a $300 light.
Just thought I'd point out that the emitter in the original Titan wasn't that bad and it was the T1A that suffered from the horribly blue ones a few years later.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I posted over in the 'other' Titan thread - the tint on mine (that came today) is far from bluish, but it does have a greenish hue. A white wall hunter I'm not, so it probably won't be an issue. A little bit ringy on the white wall, but in 'real use' a VERY nice and floody quality. Str8strokes photos look like mine looks, but I'll offer this photo as another perspective, compared to a ZL SC62w

Threads are very smooth - NO grit - but tight and require 2 hands to operate. I applied some Nano oil and I'm hoping they'll loosen up with time. It's nice little light, and I enjoy reading Str8stroke's comments about dropping it. Mine displaced an E01 on my keyring and I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up banging against keys all the time. Anodizing looks very thick, so I'm thinking it'll do well.

IMHO, definitely worth $60. Worth the premium prices that some eBay skimmers are asking.....:shakehead

hcd615

Enlightened

I got my two lights today. Very nicely built as all SF lights are. Nice smooth threads on head when activating light.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

runf4jc, Nice pics! Thank you for posting them here. I took some side by sides to post soon. Ours do look the same. lol So far a few days on the keys it looks basically new. I have tons of junk on my keys and I move them through out the day. Some lights show wear after only a week! lol Curious to see how mine holds up. I am guessing it will fair better than others.

hcd615, Nice addition thank you. Curious if you could let us know what serial number you got? If not, I understand.

hcd615

Enlightened

hcd615, Nice addition thank you. Curious if you could let us know what serial number you got? If not, I understand.

The opened one I am now using says A00734, the one in the package says A00954 (it looks like)

Latest posts