SABRE PEPPERLIGHT PEPPER SPRAY

DRW

Enlightened
What you feel at that moment is irrelevant in a court room...
That's just plain wrong. State of mind is paramount. In jurisprudence it's called mens rea. Look it up.

Defendants have no burden of proof in a criminal proceeding.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
well if you put it that way, yea, a complete moron with a oc spray is worse than one without.
As far as confidence, yes and no, Me personally i'd never use a spray, cuz it wont stop a determined attacker, especially on drugs, wind can blow it back at you and then you wont see anything, and again liability, spray someone who is sick or allergic, they god forbid they die, you go in for murder, even if this is the attacker you sprayed. even if they do not die, they will sue you for everything they got.
But as in the context of the thread we assume, for the sake of argument a person using it knows all of that, that is why i think he'll be better off with 1 hand free rather than both occupied.
Okay. So, what is your weapon of choice. You said that you would defend yourself and your family, what is your weapon system?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay. So, what is your weapon of choice. You said that you would defend yourself and your family, what is your weapon system?
I do not really need one, i'm 6'4" 250lb. people do not seem to want to mess with me. If i have to i will use pretty much anything I can grab and use as a weapon. including the attacker himself.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's just plain wrong. State of mind is paramount. In jurisprudence it's called mens rea. Look it up.

Defendants have no burden of proof in a criminal proceeding.
Good grief.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. Think about it. You think you have a protective device. Your confidence goes up. Next thing you know innocent people get sprayed for "looking scarey" or worse, the user sprays them selves thinking they were turning on the flashlight.

Next time you're in an all you can eat buffet restaraunt or a WalMart imagine many of the trogolite offspring you see there having a flashlight with pepper spray. Sounds harsh, I know but reality is what it is.

@bykfixer Here's your scenario.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not really need one, i'm 6'4" 250lb. people do not seem to want to mess with me. If i have to i will use pretty much anything I can grab and use as a weapon. including the attacker himself.
Scenario: You and your loved ones are walking, maybe heading back to the car or wherever after a movie/shopping/school production/whatever, two thugs appear with pistols, and demand a. your money and valuables, b. your wife, c. your child/children. What are you going to do? You are outnumbered, and they have pistols, and you have 6'4", 250 lbs of questionable intimidation at this point.

This is the kind of scenario that changed my mind about things. No one is responsible for your welfare other than yourself, and as the man of the home, you are responsible for the safety and welfare of your family. So, what will you do, unarmed sheep?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scenario: You and your loved ones are walking, maybe heading back to the car or wherever after a movie/shopping/school production/whatever, two thugs appear with pistols, and demand a. your money and valuables, b. your wife, c. your child/children. What are you going to do? You are outnumbered, and they have pistols, and you have 6'4", 250 lbs of questionable intimidation at this point.

This is the kind of scenario that changed my mind about things. No one is responsible for your welfare other than yourself, and as the man of the home, you are responsible for the safety and welfare of your family. So, what will you do, unarmed sheep?
If they have pistols and I pull mine out they will open fire right away, even if i start shooting they wil return fire, so gun wont help me, but maybe bringing them closer, and garbing one of them and using him as a shield may work a lot better. if i'm lucky I'll grab his gun.

DRW

Enlightened
If they have pistols and I pull mine out they will open fire right away, even if i start shooting they wil return fire, so gun wont help me, but maybe bringing them closer, and garbing one of them and using him as a shield may work a lot better. if i'm lucky I'll grab his gun.
Being lucky is a horrible plan. Thinking you know how people will react puts you at a disadvantage when they react differently. Expecting multiple attackers puts you in a similar disadvantage if there is just one.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Criminals do not want to get shot. Normally when someone pulls a gun, they run away. If they don't, at least you have a fighting chance to save your family and yourself.

Okay, now let's say that you don't have a gun. You have two options:

a, resist unarmed, and they shoot you,
b. comply, and they have their way with your family. If they let you all live, and leave you all there, how will you look in your family's eyes?

I suggest that you give this scenario and some others in the news some deep thought, and come up with a plausible response. Trusting that you will be "lucky" isn't much of a plan.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
P.S. Do not fight for money or "stuff". I suggest that you keep a decoy wallet and dead cell phone on you to give them. Toss them on the ground in front of them, then beat feet out of the area. They will likely pick them up and do the same.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not see any problems with this thread. I think it is a great thing we are not under Greta regime. I mean it is not like anyone has to contribute, only those that see value in it, whatever that value is, to each its own. does not seem like it broke any rules.