"Sent from my iWhatever"

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I changed mine to

Sent 7940 parsecs from the centre of the galaxy, bearing l=179°56'39.4" b=+0°2'46.2"

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I find it annoying also, with one exception: it does help to explain typos when you see a sigline indicating that the message came from a very tiny keyboard.

And let's not forget about the AutoCorrect feature that can also be the cause of some pretty strange substitutions, as it tries to make sense of the mistakes caused by the tiny keyboards. Heck, there's an entire site devoted to the hilarity caused by AutoCorrect.

I shut it off for myself by about the third day, when the novelty of it had worn off. I didn't want to give the free advertising, or to sound like I was gloating. However, that little tag line, especially when it mentions an iWhatever, goes a long way towards explaining away strange word choices, even if the individual words are spelled correctly. Still, I have opted to NOT include it as part of my signature.

Stefan DE

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned many times throughout this thread, it's a setting, turn the damn thing off.
It wouldn't be really difficult for the administration to disable this on their side - so you wouldn't have to rely on the users configuring their software properly.

Sent from a very expensive gadget you'll never be able to buy using thought reading ;)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
And let's not forget about the AutoCorrect feature that can also be the cause of some pretty strange substitutions, as it tries to make sense of the mistakes caused by the tiny keyboards. Heck, there's an entire site devoted to the hilarity caused by AutoCorrect.

I turned off auto-correct after it tried to change "Robert" to "Re-poop." I am not making this up. :duh2:

JacobJones

Enlightened
How did you manage to do that?! I've tried to find out how to turn off auto-correct on my iPad, but there doesn't seem any way to do it...

Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Then it says Auto-correction with an ON/OFF thing beside it.

nbp

Flashaholic
DM51 said:
How did you manage to do that?! I've tried to find out how to turn off auto-correct on my iPad, but there doesn't seem any way to do it...

It's only an option for us Americans. You Brits are stuck with words like re-poop. :nana:

Norm

Retired Administrator
It wouldn't be really difficult for the administration to disable this on their side - so you wouldn't have to rely on the users configuring their software properly.

Sent from a very expensive gadget you'll never be able to buy using thought reading ;)

As far as the forum is concerned it's part of the submitted post.

Norm

Stefan DE

Newly Enlightened
As far as the forum is concerned it's part of the submitted post.
Exactly, and here you can jump in with a simple plug-in and remove it.
This plug-in removes this phrase if it's the last thing written in the post or a quote. It only removes it from display, not from database - so if you someday decide to disable it, all this phrases will appear again.

Here is it, feel free to modify for your needs: vbulletin-plugin_remove-sent-from-my-iWhatever.xml

Norm

Retired Administrator
OK Stephan, certainly out of my area of expertise, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't worry me, I'll leave it to those who may or may not be interested in persuing it further.

Norm

nbp

Flashaholic
JacobJones said:
Or not... My location is set the the UK and it let's me turn it off. Your move

That was a joke my friend. :grin2:

Me and DM, we got an understanding. ;)

bansuri

Enlightened
Stefan,
Any plug-ins that will change words? iPhone to Startac or similar?