SF "Classic": host to drop in LED light engines

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: SF \"Classic\": host to drop in LED light engin

Wow kj! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I think this McCapsule may end up in a few odd ball lights beyond the LongBows. I am working on a couple tubes for the 168 fat fellas and one will have a McCapsule on the front end with a LB-PR head.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

After some more testing, I don't think heat build up is too bad of a problem. I let the capsule (DB917/TX0K) run for about 15 minutes, and quickly disassembled the light. The capsule itself was warm, but not hot, and the reflector was just barely warm. This was in the M2, which should have the worst cooling of the classic series. A five watter may not fare so well, though.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

BTW, this doesn't work with an E2C on a SF L4 or E2D body with a Z52/McE2S or Z75, but it does work on a with an E2C on a McLux 2x123 body. Looks like the McLux body is just a *bit* shorter, the batteries don't quite reach the bottom of the capsule in the L4 or E2D body. I've already got a decent-sized solder blob on the bottom of the capsule, I think the gap is too big to bridge with this method.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Those dang tolerance stacks in the train will get you!