• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF M6-R order information and updates - Part 2

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carpe Diem,

Your order went out today via USPS priority mail. I am now working on orders for Crossman451, PhantomZ and seattlite. Should be ready soon (relatively speaking). <weak smile>.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK guys. I'm really sorry, but these graveyard shifts have just been kicking my a**. Plus my wife's grandmother recently passed away and the funeral and related things took up a lot of my time, energy (and some sleep, too.)

So I have done almost NOTHING since I last posted. I apologize.

This morning is my very last graveyard shift for this last rotation (The last of 20 such shifts in 24 days). And I have Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon off and then go to days again. So I hope to finish the work I promised to finish my last post and get it in the mail next week.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a mute request...lol but.. if ANYONE wants to sell one of there battery packs let me know, I"ve just aquired an M6 (it's in the mail) and I'd almost die for one of these battery packs.

thanks
Doug

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhantomZ,

Your order will go out today via GPM barring any unforseen complications that prevent me from getting to the post office in time (very unlikely).

seattlite

Enlightened
js said:
PhantomZ,

Your order will go out today via GPM barring any unforseen complications that prevent me from getting to the post office in time (very unlikely).
That means I'm next.......:rock::party::bow::twothumbs:clap:

PhantomZ

Enlightened
js said:
PhantomZ,

thanks for the notice :)

Starlight

Enlightened
Jim, I now have access to a charger. That means you can put me in the queue without having to wait for my USL to ship. Thanks, Harry

seattlite

Enlightened
Crosman451 said:
seattlite - I hope I'm next in line after PhantonZ.
You didn't get yours yet? Dang, from JS' updates, if you didn't get your pack, then I'll probably get mine after you. :mecry:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starlight,

Got it. But you know you still need a charging cable, right? I can do the same for you as I did for Raindrop: I will send your USL CC with your M6-R order (assuming you haven't already gotten your USL).

However, that said, I've already promised Crossman451 and seattlite that they were next in line, so you will now appear right after them in the list.

Everyone,

More orders will go out after this weekend, or possibly on Saturday.

*A NOTE*

These packs are not Li-ion chemistry. They are NiMH. You can't let them sit around for months and months and months at a time. They need regular care and attention. Every two or three months (at the outside) give them a charge--AND if you think the pack will continue to just sit around for ANOTHER two or three months, then right after charging, discharge 50 percent of the capacity in preparation for this long rest time. THE WORST thing you can do is to take a fully charged pack and just let it sit for a year or two. You are almost guaranteed to reduce capacity or even kill a cell.

IF YOU WANT TO JUST LET YOUR M6 SIT AROUND INDEFINITELY BY YOUR BEDSIDE OR IN YOUR CAR, THEN USE 123's AND SELL YOUR M6-R PACK OR CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

And, similarly, even though the brightness of the M6-R will not necline until the bitter end (for the cells) IT IS BEST TO KEEP YOUR M6-R PACK TOPPED OFF. As I state in the directions that come with it, top off your pack every couple weeks at least (if you are using it in that time). Ni chemistry batteries like to work; they like to be active.

As I said, if this maintenance issue is a major problem for you, then you should consider selling your M6-R pack (or canceling) and using 123's instead. They can sit for many years at a time and be just fine for when you suddenly need them.

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
js said:
Starlight,

Got it. But you know you still need a charging cable, right? I can do the same for you as I did for Raindrop: I will send your USL CC with your M6-R order (assuming you haven't already gotten your USL).

However, that said, I've already promised Crossman451 and seattlite that they were next in line, so you will now appear right after them in the list.

Everyone,

More orders will go out after this weekend, or possibly on Saturday.

*A NOTE*

These packs are not Li-ion chemistry. They are NiMH. You can't let them sit around for months and months and months at a time. They need regular care and attention. Every two or three months (at the outside) give them a charge--AND if you think the pack will continue to just sit around for ANOTHER two or three months, then right after charging, discharge 50 percent of the capacity in preparation for this long rest time. THE WORST thing you can do is to take a fully charged pack and just let it sit for a year or two. You are almost guaranteed to reduce capacity or even kill a cell.

IF YOU WANT TO JUST LET YOUR M6 SIT AROUND INDEFINITELY BY YOUR BEDSIDE OR IN YOUR CAR, THEN USE 123's AND SELL YOUR M6-R PACK OR CANCEL YOUR ORDER.

And, similarly, even though the brightness of the M6-R will not necline until the bitter end (for the cells) IT IS BEST TO KEEP YOUR M6-R PACK TOPPED OFF. As I state in the directions that come with it, top off your pack every couple weeks at least (if you are using it in that time). Ni chemistry batteries like to work; they like to be active.

As I said, if this maintenance issue is a major problem for you, then you should consider selling your M6-R pack (or canceling) and using 123's instead. They can sit for many years at a time and be just fine for when you suddenly need them.

Hi js

I am to understand that my order will go out today?

Mike

seattlite

Enlightened
js said:
Crosman451 and seattlite,

Your orders will go out today--this afternoon, in fact.

I am giddy with anticipation! :rock::party::bow::twothumbs:clap:

THANKS!!!!!