SF SRTH Turbohead filter

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone shed some light on filters for the SRTH turbohead? Thread size, color, type, or any other information you might have?
TIA,
RJ

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
Well yes it is. My mistake. 20 years in the military - I should do better on acronyms. I guess the same questions apply - just to the T62 head.
Thanks,
RJ

Last edited:

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as i know, there was only ever an Infra red filter released.

God alone knows what the part number was, never saw one, not even a picture.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Go to the SF web site and click on accessories and look up filters. They will be described in the specs. Takes a minute or two.

Bill

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
Well yes, a current production FM27 size filter will clamp down on it. I apparently wasn't clear in my post. I'm thinking in tearms of original thread in filters and accessories (somewhere between 58 and 60 mm) that may have been available for the head when it was in production.
RJ

Size15's

Flashaholic
The FM2x BeamFilters don't 'sit' particularly well on the SRTH. There isn't much purchase for them. This is why the KT-type TurboHeads are so 'styled' - so the BeamFilters have something to clamp onto.
With the SRTH is is easy for the FM2x to be canted. Not to mention the combination looks dreadful!

The screw-in IR BeamFilter for the T-62 (it actually has a '-' dash which is almost unique in SureFire nomenclature) was never released. Only a few were made and delivered directly to those who required them.