Shot Show 2003 Feb 13- Feb16... Time to Get Serious

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy

I wanted to do a group reservations if for no other reason than to get a "free" meeting room for Sautrday's get together. This is do able with 8-10 rooms.

Unfortunately, my list has only 4 names of people wanting room reservations. Brock already taken care of his, and very few others have responded to our requests.... I guess everybody wants to do their own thing???

N162E

Enlightened
At great risk of being barred from this forum forever I find it necessary to make a few comments concerning registration for the Shot Show. I have held an FFL for 20 years over which time I have attended the show 14 times. All US FFLs receive a registration packet for the show. Included in the registration packet is a "VIP TICKET" which is nothing more than a standard registration form, FFL required. If you are in a non firearm but sporting goods, (Archery, survival food, reloading supplies, flashlights etc) related business they want to see a state sales tax license or business card at a minimum.

The first time I registered online with an FFL they e-mailed me back instructions where to send a hard copy of my FFL. This show does not want nor does it need non industry guests. Very few cities will even host this show anymore. The current climate concerning firearms causes them to be careful about who they admit. Remember guys this is the worlds largest GUN show.

The Shot Show is not "Warm and Fuzzy" it is a VERY serious industry sales show. For the most part if you are not there to buy seriously large quantities of their goods they are not interested in talking to you. One year I inquired of Streamlight about purchasing 1000 personalized stylus penlights for a corporate customer giveaway. Aknowledged as a suitable minimum order they told me it was not large enough to deal with at the show and they would have a local dealer contact me, one never did.

I registered online about an hour ago and just received a successful confirmation. If you are going to register, do it right away and find out where you stand. If you have a friend or a relative who owns or works for a sporting goods store you may want to get a letter on company stationary stating you are an employee of the store in a purchasing position. A business card with your name on it should also do the trick.

Once you get there be prepared for the biggest show you have ever seen. Do not even try to see the whole show in one day. Wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking several miles. This is a show you will not soon forget. If you have the opportunity to attend, by all means do so.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We now have some VIP passes available for the upcoming SHOT show (details in the GT thread). These get you into the show for $15, instead of the normal $45 charged at the door.

The tickets have to be mailed in advance of the show so order yours now.

We don't charge anything for the pass, just send us an email and we will mail you as many as you need. We can also include them with your next order if you want.

As far as who they will let in, you have to be 18 or older. They do ask that you have a business but they do not insist on it. I have called the show organizers and they where ok with it. I do recommend however you register early to make sure.

I hope to see you there!

Peter Gransee

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by N162E: Remember guys this is the worlds largest GUN show.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have wanted to go to the SHOT show for years but have not been able to. The GT is extra motivation for me to make it this year. Just think, guns and flashlights. What a combo.

N162E

Enlightened
Originally posted by sunspot:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by N162E: Remember guys this is the worlds largest GUN show.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have wanted to go to the SHOT show for years but have not been able to. The GT is extra motivation for me to make it this year. Just think, guns and flashlights. What a combo.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Get your track shoes ready. You are going to see ALL of Both.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Ted Bear. I sent an email to you requesting room iformation a few weeks ago and did not receive an answer yet so I will post my question on this board with the hope that you see it.
My email address is in my profile.
TIA
Best to you, Dana

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Any progress on reservations? If not, what hotel are we using? Looks like I'll be flying in, round trip from Dallas is $276..cheaper than driving! I'm planning on ariving on Fri (2-14-03) and leaving Sunday evening (2_16-03).

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news. Things have been set in motion at work which appear as though they will prevent me from attending....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that Doug, I would like to be present too, but, unlike Al, there is no way I can come up with the airfair ticket alone...
bluesigh.gif

I hope you still have a chance of going.
winkie.GIF

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Bummer!
mad.gif

Due to an unexpected drain on my money supply, I'm not going to be able to get to Orlando! Hate to bail out at this late date but can't be helped.
frown.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Merri, Henry and I will be at our booth. Henry will be showing off some of his HDS stuff (maybe something new!). We will have all of our latest stuff as well include LSH premiums, LS3s, etc. Ask Merri about the custom Ti/Saphire ring I made her. She also has a one of a kind RB LS3. We may be announcing a joint venture with another well known company at the show.

Our booth number is #6393 and we plan on being there the entire show.

Not sure how many will make it. Mr. Ted Bear got a condo from what I understand. Maybe we can all meet there and order pizza? Nothing fancy, just would be nice to meet you guys. You can also pick our brains about super flashlight creations.

Since orlando is such a fun spot to begin with, Merri and I are taking another couple of days to check out the Kennedy space center, Universal studios and drive around to see the old homestead (I grew up in Brooksville among other places). So we are combining a business trip, spy on the competitors, meet cool people, see the sites, valentine's date, etc- all in one trip!

I wish safe journeys for everyone.

Peter Gransee

WaltH

Enlightened
I'll see you all in a month.

I pre-registered online a couple months ago and have yet to recieve my ticket. Is this normal?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
We may be announcing a joint venture with another well known company at the show.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is my guess: Can you say Derringer?
I grew up in Brooksville among other places
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is one of the prettiest towns in Florida, IMO.

WaltH. I hope it's normal. I also do not have my tickets yet.

Harrkev

Enlightened
BTW: If I did decide to get in on the "group" hotel reservation, how much would it cost???

Bike week is Datona is around that time of year. If it falls on that weekend, it will be almost impossible to get a room without advance reservations.