SHOT Show 2012: Surefire 'New Products'

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's similar to the R1, except with a bigger and less defined hotspot. I still have it on the test bench, but I'll post a beamshot once it finishes the current runtime test.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upcoming LX2 ( not the ultra model ) must have a narrower beam pattern ( more focus ) , than the new LX2 ultra.

They both throw 13.000 candela. But while the LX2 ultra need 500 lumens to do that , the upcoming LX2 only needs 250 lumens to do the same.

If you like throw and long runtime as well , the upcoming LX2 ( 250 lumens version ) is probably the best choice , I would think.

awesome- & I can't see the linked cat. for some reason, but is the 250l lx2 still supposed to be a clicky? I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap this.

Viking

Enlightened
They will make it in two versions. A Click-on/off tailcap and the two-stage tailcap as well.

windrider75

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but have been a regular reader of this thread.

Anyway, I noticed that Surefire has removed the LX2 LumaMax Ultra (both the product page and video reference) from this page just a few hours ago.The product page for LX2 LumaMax is no longer accessible.

This could only mean one thing...

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyway, I noticed that Surefire has removed the LX2 LumaMax Ultra (both the product page and video reference) from this page just a few hours ago.The product page for LX2 LumaMax is no longer accessible.

Are you implying that the LX2 Ultra has been preemptively banned, by Obama?!

:shakehead

Welcome to CPF!!

jellydonut

Enlightened

Wow! Usually when Surefire products vaporize into mist, they never get as far as getting their own product page. That's disconcerting.

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened
Surefire seems to be upgrading their existing lights and going with the fury line instead of introducing some of the new catalog lights. They updated the 6PX/G2X/Z2X/G2ZX lights with a 320 Lumen emitter today (you can't buy a 200 lumen one on their site anymore). Also here are some new release dates (we'll see if they actually come through on them) http://www.ondutygear.com/blog/release-dates-for-new-surefire-lights/2012/10/

brianna

Enlightened
Honestly I refuse to even look at the catalogue any more, simply too much disappointment. Most will not even be made. Chances are the light you want the most will never be made.

Last edited:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Honestly I refuse to even look at the catalogue any more, simply too much disappointment. Most will not even be made. Chances are the light you want the most will never be made.

Like the LX2 Ultra. One light that would have sold off the shelves but they seemed to have canned it. No replacement to the 200 lumen LX2, yeah that makes sense. :hairpull:

EzGoingKev

Newly Enlightened
It seems like all they did was concentrate on giving everything 500 lumens with a 1 hour run time.

rocled

Newly Enlightened
The silver EB1 has shown up on a great HQ to buy BLADEs and other goodies

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire seems to be upgrading their existing lights and going with the fury line instead of introducing some of the new catalog lights. They updated the 6PX/G2X/Z2X/G2ZX lights with a 320 Lumen emitter today (you can't buy a 200 lumen one on their site anymore). Also here are some new release dates (we'll see if they actually come through on them) http://www.ondutygear.com/blog/release-dates-for-new-surefire-lights/2012/10/

It seems like all they did was concentrate on giving everything 500 lumens with a 1 hour run time.

Almost time to start the yearly SF product marketing cycle anew, the 2013 catalog should be out any day now. As I wrote on this thread almost a year ago:

Yep, it's that time of year again.:)

If it were another manufacturer, we would accuse them of blatantly displaying more vaporware. Of course, since it is SF, usual excuses will apply, they can't keep up with demand, it's a small mom and pop company, PK is a genius and perfection can't be hurried, prices are high to fund even more new products, CPF is not the primary market demographic, what do we know?

I'm not trying to be negative but we have been down this false path with exciting new SF product announcements in years past.

Still, the Fury is already out, is SF changing to keep up with the times? Hope so.:thumbsup:

Looks like a lot of the lights have 500 lumen emitters. I could sure go for the U2 update. Dare I get my hopes up?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...New-Products&p=3849741&viewfull=1#post3849741

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually thought that they scored pretty well with the Fury.
The performance for the price range really isn't bad, by usual SureFire terms anyway.

I still think that they should have continued the regular "P series" lights, and entered their own set of "drop-ins" for them. That market is definitely still there, and they were very desirable hosts for drop-ins. Heck, they could have made good money just selling hosts. It was really a shame for them to discontinue that line. That was their best contribution to the flashlight market, IMO.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
We should create an end of year review/checklist of what did and did not get released. I know the UBR Invictus and Dominator didn't happen as those were the two I was interested in (of course).