Should I buy a L1T or is there something better?

Undark

Newly Enlightened
Currently the Jetbeam MKII is my favorite 1AA light. Some people argue that the L1T is more efficient in the 100% mode... But the Jetbeam offers a 5% mode that will keep a battery going for over 20 hours which the L1T simply can't do.

LightBright

Enlightened
One of the things that interested me in this light is that you can use up to a 4V battery in the L1T -

Has anybody that owns a L1T used a Lithium Ion 14500 battery in it? How well did it work, and how is the runtime?

Enlightened
I see 14500 Cells everywhere, but how the heck do I charge them and where can I get a charger??

DrJ

Enlightened
NutSAK said:
From my experience, that is no longer an issue. I've had several L1Ts and L2Ts, and though the "early" ones were greenies, they now appear to all have good white tints. According to 7777, Fenix is now more selective with tint bins on these models, where the LxS series is more of a gamble.
I just received a L2T yesterday and it has a greenish tint....

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Try the LF1.
I like it much better.
Click low, click high, click off.
Plus you get an extra tube if you want to run 2AA's

waynejitsu

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Theres the Lumapower LM301 which has a more usable "low" mode in my opinion. In almost total darkness, the "low" mode on the LM301 isn't too bright and i dont have to squint my eyes. The L1T is a little bright for me.

Also it does 1st click "low" -> 2nd click "high" instead of turning the bezel in case u prefer clicking. Orange peel reflector, gold plated contacts.
Lastly, it's $20 shipped.

Where can they be bought at $20?
I would like to try one:)