Show me your AA flashlights :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
and my two favorite EDC's:
over sized image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

jggonzalez

Newly Enlightened
Great thread! I'm an account manager for Allied Barton Security Services. I'm at a corporate site and I'm looking for EDC flashlights for my day shift officers. The customer wants small single-AA flashlights that will fit in a pocket. I'm looking for good light output (100+ lumens), long runtime, and rugged construction because these things will be dropped often. I've got a budget of about $50 per light.

The customer saw the Streamlight PT 1AA online and liked it because of the size and construction. He does not want plastic. I'm looking for feedback on that light and suggestions of others. Thanks!

ntg

Newly Enlightened
I just got a PA40 for a great price. I'm liking it a lot!

images

Jhovorka

Newly Enlightened
Just started using the Maratac AA Extreme and Jetbeam PA10 for my EDC. Both have been working great for me and can handle a 14500 if you're looking for more output.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I have just two.
Either makes a very suitable EDC for me - all depends on what you want:

JETBeam E3S
E3SwithClip-Side.jpg

Xeno E03
E03withLanyard.jpg

Both are reverse-clicky, and neither comes with a pocket clip. I slightly modded a Kershaw knife clip for the E3S just to see if I could.
Though I largely prefer single CR123 lights now, each has spent a lot of time in my pocket, and I still take the E03 every time I expect to encounter water above my waist.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Great thread! I'm an account manager for Allied Barton Security Services. I'm at a corporate site and I'm looking for EDC flashlights for my day shift officers. The customer wants small single-AA flashlights that will fit in a pocket. I'm looking for good light output (100+ lumens), long runtime, and rugged construction because these things will be dropped often. I've got a budget of about $50 per light.

The customer saw the Streamlight PT 1AA online and liked it because of the size and construction. He does not want plastic. I'm looking for feedback on that light and suggestions of others. Thanks!

Fenix LD12 or, if you can find them, the LD10.. fenix outfitters has 'em.. goinggear does too.. well.. guess they aren't that hard to find lol

if you go to shiningbeam.com you can get lights that are more budget-y... and he has lots to choose from...

for less than $40, you could get a Spark (2 AA light), and get a single AA tube, and your guards could use single or double AA depending on what they prefer.

As for the OP's question

I have a RiverRock 2aa, Fenix LD20, TK20, Shiningbeam Spark.... 4 mini-mags from days of old....

9 times out of 10, I grab the LD20

mstgkillr

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0130.jpg

From top left
Volere AA titanium
Fenix L1+ stainless steel
Jetbeam AA clone in SS
Quark AA titanium
TLR DST titanium
Sunwayman V10R-Ti with AA adapter
Quark Mini AA titanium
Eagletac D25A titanium

What adapter are you using on the Sunwayman V10R ti? The adapters currently sold look like a polished nut but yours is smooth.

Also, do you know what the maximum output is with a AA Eneloop?

Thanks

Jason