Show Us Your EDC Folder

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Well for those who hate guns and freedom....

Benchmade also has a zero tolerance policy on weed.
Doesn't even matter if an employee actually has glaucoma.
Along with a prescription for medical marijuana.
Partaking is strictly against company policy, and if caught; fired!

Back in the day when the CEO of the company decided all Benchmade models would be Made in America, customers cheered the decision. (Even though there actually were quite a few good made in China Benchmade models.) Here's the thing though, rather than enjoy the absolutely free positive publicity, Les DeAsis actually went out of his way to publicly announce that THAT decision had literally nothing to do with Patriotism. Nothing to do with Pro-American. He somewhat politely gave all of his American customers The Finger by saying the decision was just so they could keep a closer eye on quality control. Nothing else.

I mean, why would you do that? Massive amounts of free, positive publicity, but you hate America so much that you're going to quash immediately. Meanwhile those of us familiar with Les from back in the day already knew what an America-hating jerk he's always been. The company donates massive amounts of money every year to far Left organizations that are not just Anti-2A but anti-American, and anti-the rest of the constitution too.

Oh, and here's the real issue with what Benchmade pulled along with the Oregon Authorities. See, those guns they cut up weren't all that were used in the commission of crimes by violent offenders who didn't legally own them. Quite a number had been confiscated under troubling circumstances. Many were legally owned by those whose 2A rights were never stripped away from them. That's what the mass media didn't bother reporting. Also, any unsolved murders possibly out there? Well, good luck solving those at all since the weapons were destroyed by Benchmade with the approval of Law Enforcement.

Yeah, that's a little something called "Accessory after the fact." Basically Benchmade has been run by scumbags, and it has been for decades. They took their scumbagery too far with the latest scandal. Heck, you had a number of different knife brands whose owners publicly denounced Benchmade for their behavior. Including Sal over at Spyderco, and Lynn at Cold Steel (back before he sold the company). Seriously, the folks over at Benchmade made Lynn Thompson look good. Lynn.... arguably the most hated and controversial member of the Industry! (Well, not anymore.) What worthless pieces of trash are you, that you make Lynn Thompson look GOOD; by comparison. That's really saying something.
Thanks for that info, Monocrom. I feel much better about not supporting them.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Years ago I carried this for about a year.
I was surprised to see how much it is going for today.

Mine had/has an Aircraft Grade aluminum handle to make it a little lightweight.

1712540362243.png

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been carrying this one a lot lately, Microtech MSI with carbon scales from Votix EDC. Originally had the orange G10 scales but prefer the look and feel of the carbon instead.
What light is that? It's really nice looking!

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, Please, Please, people......List the items you are posting pictures of so others don't have to ask!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Never had a knife with a lock like this, nearly all my folders are frame lock.
KVT bearring
DuraLock
super deep carry clip

stock photo,, got it off ebay for $39 new/open box
.. it shipped yesterday

Kershaw Covalent

1713359455433.jpeg

tex.proud

Enlightened
+

KVT bearring
DuraLock
super deep carry clip

.. it shipped yesterday

Kershaw Covalent

View attachment 60726
Great knife. Light weight, fidgity with the the cross-bar lock, D2 holds a keen edge. On of my favorite budget knives. And if fits my slightly larger than average hands...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Really only have one non budget folding knife, my Zero Tolerance 566 blackwash.
Got it when it first came out; now getting one 'used' is about double in price.

Put a titanium deep carry clip on it and torched it for a blue/bronze'ish finish
complements the blackwash

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
+

Really only have one non budget folding knife, my Zero Tolerance 566 blackwash.
Got it when it first came out; now getting one 'used' is about double in price.

Put a titanium deep carry clip on it and torched it for a blue/bronze'ish finish
complements the blackwash
Mine was my first knife that cost north of $100. It was gritty as heck when I got it, so I deassisted it but that didn't help. I re-assisted it and sent it back to KAI and they replaced the washers. Its much nicer to use now and get carried frequently(y)

1713369806646.png

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened
+

KVT bearring
DuraLock
super deep carry clip

.. it shipped yesterday

Kershaw Covalent

View attachment 60726
Kershaw design dept has really been pitching heat lately.
It's nice to see after quite a few years of what I would consider underwhelming patterns.

Weird that ZT seems to have done the opposite (w/ a single shining example otherwise).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Great knife. Light weight, fidgity with the the cross-bar lock, D2 holds a keen edge. On of my favorite budget knives. And if fits my slightly larger than average hands...
Problem is, it's Budget D2. One, good luck remotely being able to put an edge on it when the knife starts to dull. Two, good luck not having it break on you as if the blade was made from untempered glass!

Love my custom hunting knives made from Old-fashioned, expensive D2 from Bob Dozier. I will NEVER buy that garbage budget D2. I have intentionally not bought budget knife models from budget brands that claimed blades made from D2. And, I admit to being a HUGE Kershaw Fan-boy. Sooo many excellent, reasonably-priced models from Kershaw.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem is, it's Budget D2. One, good luck remotely being able to put an edge on it when the knife starts to dull. Two, good luck not having it break on you as if the blade was made from untempered glass!

Love my custom hunting knives made from Old-fashioned, expensive D2 from Bob Dozier. I will NEVER buy that garbage budget D2. I have intentionally not bought budget knife models from budget brands that claimed blades made from D2. And, I admit to being a HUGE Kershaw Fan-boy. Sooo many excellent, reasonably-priced models from Kershaw.
+

Safe to say, not all D2 is the same.
Parent company of Kershaw & ZT is KAI, they have a very good understanding of alloys.

I'll bet that for every Kg of their D2 alloy, they have a bit of magic dust sprinkled in _____*****
but not so much as to outshine/undercut the ZT line

Latest posts