Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cy

Flashaholic
Re: Post Your RARE/UNUSUAL SUREFIRES:

had the one that started it all ..... Surefire 6 in original plastic box. but some bloke in UK had to have it :D

now closest to rare would be my Surefire/Strider combo. M2 is marked Strider.

strider surefire.JPG

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened

i have the same strider light itz a shelf queen............:faint:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

cpfg2-1.jpg

This is the SureFire G2 "CPF 50" special edition.
There are only 49 of these bad boys floating around out there besides this one. :)

e1l1.jpg

This is the E1e Outdoorsman, with the PK-autographed bezel.

pkbag1.jpg

Although this is not a flashlight, it is a flashlight bag autographed on both sides by PK. I won this in a CPF raffle in mid-2004; I don't believe very many of these autographed bags exist.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

had the one that started it all ..... Surefire 6 in original plastic box. but some bloke in UK had to have it :D

And it's loving its new home :D

Regards,
Tempest

Monocrom

Flashaholic

How 'bout a SF Beast with Serial # PK0017? I'd post a pic if I knew how. :sigh: If I had to guess, I'd say it was the 17th Beast prototype Paul Kim made, but don't know for sure. Anyone have any ideas?

mb

If you have a cameraphone, you could take the pic, then e-mail it to yourself, then upload the pic on http://www.imageshack.us/

Click on the Browse button, select the pic you want, (resize it if needed), click on "host it!," then just select the option that will let you post the pic directly on CPF, and type out that URL. (Should be the one directly below the thumbnail pic of the image you selected).

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are a few pics of an original limited run Beast proto-type with the serial # PK0017 owned by mjb375.

mail1fj1.jpg

mailjh6.jpg

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic

mjb375, was your Beast the limited run or was it the second?

I can't tell the difference without looking at the business end. :ohgeez:

mjb375

Newly Enlightened

seery-thanks for the help with posting the pics!

monocrom-thanks for the IS link, i'll get it figured out (tonight hopefully)

illum-let me know what you need and i'll try to get it after work.

i'm guessing this is pre-production. There are no LED's, just the HID. The gasket near the head is a light blue color. And there is no engraving/laser etching on the head, only the serial number and "The Beast" on the opposite side of it. i picked it up second hand at a warehouse sale a couple years back. It works, but it's expensive to feed, since it didn't come with the rechargeable battery pack. No box, no nothing...

thanks again,
mb

Monocrom

Flashaholic

monocrom-thanks for the IS link, i'll get it figured out (tonight hopefully)

mb

Glad I could help.

Thanks for letting us know the story of how you aquired that light. :)

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
Below are some of my "collection". I think these are "old" enough to not cause any problem showing.

You can click on the images for a much larger version. I post these not for my benefit but in the spirit of sharing and in appreciation for what PK and SF has done in the past and in awe of some incredible designs and concepts which never saw the light of production.

The small light on the left at top is a stainless steel twisty E2. The purple A2 is quite special to me because the raw machined aluminum parts were in my hand and sent to an anodizer I used and then returned to SF for final assembly. That light was born as you see it and it was never engraved. There is an A2 turbo there (this one was sans 5 mm LED and the switch is a clickie instead of two speed)

In the large lights, there are a couple proto "Big Brothers" to the A2; a series of regulated incandescent lights that never went past the A2, itself. I know there are a number of CPF members who have gone down this path with custom work and designs. SF did it with a cluster of 5 mm LED's as well as the regulated incan. The yellow headed fellow has a battery cassette that holds 12 ea. CR123's! Near beastly appetite!

I suspect that other flashlight manufacturers have designs which are visited and yet not taken to production but I doubt they come even close to the efforts and experiments done by SF. I by no means want to open the door to pricing issues, costs and what have you but this thread is about rare and unusual SureFires and I reckon there are a ton of them, literally! When I read comments about SF being behind the times and not current with technologies I just cringe because that's simply not the case. :banghead:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those are some rare lights!!:twothumbs
Digital Fusion Series A2?:thinking::cool:
#2 KL4...Generation 5:eek:oo::eek::bow:
Thanks for sharing:wave:

That HA III E2D Tailcap and bezel are sweeeet!

I will be getting my Porsche in the mail soon!:grin2:

Interestingly, I think I ended up with the X200 bezel from your X200/Pr-T mod:grin2: ....still trying to figure out what to do with it:thinking:

Last edited:

rtt

Enlightened

I do not have any rare lights, but would like to see some detailed pictures of SF baton lights (3BL and 6BL). Hope someone has a collection that they could share with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.