Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, the grip-rings and boot did need cleaning.

Now you can really enjoy the Hell out of it.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I received yesterday this nice E2DL:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3065/dsc08273um.jpg

It's my 3rd E2d.
It has a different switch with ony one mode (200 lumens).

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Xacto

Enlightened
[...]
But you're right, I think the Z3 is a rare find, too, so I'm on the fence on this one.
80$ incl. shipping.

Sometimes I wonder where those totally mint lights come from. Especially with the early Surefires I wonder if they were bought back then to be collectors items or just never got used for some reason. Great that you opened it. Do you think that the rubber has lost its softness over time? Judging by the first opened pictures, I assume that some of the softener got out (white residue on the rubber parts)

Thanks.

Cheers
Thorsten

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
posted this in the other thread
jXxIB

odd, the rubber on the boot of the e1 isn't white like on the z3. maybe they changed to a different rubber formula.
the z3 is a ways newer as the batteries are surefire branded?

Craig

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Little guy should be kept safe and sound in his time capsule so as to protect himself from the depredations of CPFers, lol. :nana:

From what I've seen over the years, a SureFire is like a puppy, it loves to play. ;)

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little guy should be kept safe and sound in his time capsule so as to protect himself from the depredations of CPFers, lol. :nana:

I am with Kestrel on this one leave it in its time capsule.
If you do not need to use this one and it is part of your collection leave it sealed. Unlike that Z3 a few post back you can see this light so you know what you have.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up a sealed SureFire S06. According to the guy I got it from, it was made for Israeli Law Enforcement. They wanted to turn 6Ps into weapon lights. They require the use of the old style tailcaps where the innards just fall out. You remove the tailcap components and insert this instead. I didnt have any Laser Products tailcaps so I reamed out a SF G2 tailcap to fit the tape switch.

p1020413.jpg

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/16/28/42/p1020414.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

p1020415.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not sure how it's different to normal Sxx remote tape switches? All U06 feature the S06. I suppose they're hard to find now-a-days given how many years ago the Classic WeaponLight components were replaced by Millennium components like the XM tailcap. Great to see it in use!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Guys I think my new Z3 should count as sort of a rare light these days seeing it is a crosshair in very good condition. I purchased this light close to a year ago and it just arrived the other day. But i think the wait was worth it.
I hate taking pictures of Black lights. As you can see I have lost some of the detail on the lower part of the light. Needed more light down low.

Z3633850.jpg

Z3850.jpg

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts