Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Here's my latest pick up. Thought it was pretty unique due to the serial number...

92512876-614d-4689-a753-753b3c686d5a_zpsadd7a43b.png

3a74459a-9a27-49ce-9e1c-ae8f6e82dc82_zps74b6565b.png

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's rare or unusual, but does a Z2 with a C##### serial mean anything? I've seen X#####, A#####, and B#####, but never a C-serial

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
a "c" serial number is only a later upgrade than "a" or "b" numbers or not?
i own l4 lumamax as follow: a numbered with 60 lumens, b numbered with 120 lumens and the c numbered (missed in mycollection) should have 170 or more lumens.

luisma

Enlightened
Here a rare one I had never seen one before I bought this one and if anyone has any more information on this light you are welcome to add to the information I know. This Z2 was made by Surefire all in Brass, it was manufactured for Harley Davidson to sell with their motorcycles. I don't know how many where made or when, by the body style it's vintage Z2.
One of the reason I had not posted this light is because I was did not know if I wanted to get it polished or leave it as is. What do you guys think? Polish the lights or leave as is? :confused:

thanks for looking :naughty:

Luis

Helmut.G

Enlightened
One of the reason I had not posted this light is because I was did not know if I wanted to get it polished or leave it as is. What do you guys think? Polish the lights or leave as is? :confused:
WOAH! That's niiice. Never seen something like it. Will you sell it? ;)

I wouldn't polish it, if I were you.

It's not a Z2, it's a 6Z body (predecessor to the Z2) but with the bezel style that came on the 3P/6P/9P and similar.
6Zs, 7Zs and 9Zs usually had all smooth bezels or in a seemingly rarer variant a bezel with the knurling offset from the front. Both these styles were not used on any other light that I know of.

luisma

Enlightened
WOAH! That's niiice. Never seen something like it. Will you sell it? ;)

I wouldn't polish it, if I were you.

It's not a Z2, it's a 6Z body (predecessor to the Z2) but with the bezel style that came on the 3P/6P/9P and similar.
6Zs, 7Zs and 9Zs usually had all smooth bezels or in a seemingly rarer variant a bezel with the knurling offset from the front. Both these styles were not used on any other light that I know of.

You are right Helmut I meant to write 6Z instead I wrote Z2.
I think overwhelmingly everyone who has commented had said not to polish and I have to agree although it would like incredible polished there is a character to it as is.
Thank you those who have giving me advice on it.

:thanks: Luis

Lomandor

Enlightened
Hey guys, the G2, not most collectors favourites but here is my black G2 with a "BLASER" logo on the bezel next to my G2 camo.

3a703274b73b98408a6f5e45b2ada9f5_zps55f2bb6b.jpg

luisma

Enlightened
Lomador very nice both, I like anything with a logo in the bezel does not matter what Surefire light it is and the Camo or Real Tree G2 is also very awesome congratulations on both.

Luis

bound

Enlightened
Here a rare one I had never seen one before I bought this one and if anyone has any more information on this light you are welcome to add to the information I know. This Z2 was made by Surefire all in Brass, it was manufactured for Harley Davidson to sell with their motorcycles. I don't know how many where made or when, by the body style it's vintage Z2.

thanks for looking :naughty:

Luis

Hi Louis,
Recently you find a lot of beautiful torch Yeah!
Very nice!
The lens cap is resin , right?
Brian

Last edited:

Bogie

Enlightened
I would only consider my A2 to be rare but it is only partially as its a Lego I started with a A2-Green and found the A2-PP head separately. (so somewhere out there is a true Porcupine marked body missing its head)

photo+2%25281%2529.JPG

photo%25281%2529.JPG

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Here a rare one I had never seen one before I bought this one and if anyone has any more information on this light you are welcome to add to the information I know. This Z2 was made by Surefire all in Brass, it was manufactured for Harley Davidson to sell with their motorcycles. I don't know how many where made or when [...]

My apologies for the question, but are you sure that light is really brass or perhaps just an unusual anodizing of aluminum?

Either way it's very rare (& congrats on the very nice collector 6Z), but an actual brass SureFire would be extraordinarily fantastically rare IMO.

luisma

Enlightened
My apologies for the question, but are you sure that light is really brass or perhaps just an unusual anodizing of aluminum?

Either way it's very rare (& congrats on the very nice collector 6Z), but an actual brass SureFire would be extraordinarily fantastically rare IMO.

No reason to apologize for the question. It's brass alright, the weight alone will tell you, this light weights probably about 3-4 times as much in comparison to any of the 6Z's in my collection, it's not a factual weight but just the feel of the weight in my hands. If the person who told me the story about why this Surefire light was made is right and I am 100% sure they stated the truth, it was made for Harley Davidson and they wanted a very tough light to go with their bikes thus Brass was used. I have only been collecting now for a little over a year but I have read a lot in these great forums and all over the internet and I have yet to find anything like this Surefire, it's definitely a rare piece.
What I am going to do is take it apart and shoot some more pictures if you would like to see some more details of not only the outside but the inner's of the tail cap and walls of the body and bezel and of post them. I really could not believe it when I first laid my eyes on this beauty it's really a very nice piece of engineering and it makes you think what Surefire could make or made during their early years that we have not heard or seen yet.
I will follow up with new pics once I shoot them.

thanks for looking and asking,

Luis

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hello Luis, thanks for the quick reply.
This is amazing, a search of the entire Web (or just CPF for that matter) and literally the only 'hit' on this is from your Feb post.
I'm a particular fan of the Z's, and I've tried to read everything on them over the years. This is truly an extraordinary SureFire.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have a stainless steel P60 host (approximately 6Z sized) ... and it is heavy !

Brass would likely weigh even more - what an amazing light, thanks for your post(s) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.