Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 3

baabootoo

Newly Enlightened
I started police work in 1977, bought this shortly thereafter, then retired. If there's no number on the tail cap, is it a 6 or 6C? I downloaded the Surefire history from here, but still can't decide. Thanks.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started police work in 1977, bought this shortly thereafter, then retired. If there's no number on the tail cap, is it a 6 or 6C? I downloaded the Surefire history from here, but still can't decide. Thanks.

If there's a removable TailCap at all it isn't a 6/6C - these operated by turning the bezel and didn't have a TailCap or separate switch. If it is a removable TailCap then it is likely a 6P - early models didn't have the specific model number on them, just text e.g. "Laser Products Fountain Valley,CA SURE.FIRE".

If you can post a picture that would be the easiest way to differentiate between versions.

baabootoo

Newly Enlightened
20190313-131044-resized.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks - definitely looks like a 6P, and one of the earlier ones before they introduced the textured rubber boot on the TailCap.

archimedes

Flashaholic
This thread isn't really for discussing commercial topics, but be aware many potential "non-expert / non-collector" buyers might be surprised and disappointed by the differences between a very early 6P like this one appears to be, and the far more common modern versions.

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Just acquired this one. Couldn't find much out there on these, so I'm guess it must be at least uncommon, if not somewhat rare.

w7MFKp9.jpg

w7MFKp9

OpXk8F3.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Just acquired this one. Couldn't find much out there on these, so I'm guess it must be at least uncommon, if not somewhat rare....

Yes, very interesting, thanks for posting.

I hadn't seen one of those before, but thought they were likely analogous to the "-PH" (Deutschland) SureFires.

A brief search of CPF did reveal addition info, here (link provided for reference info only) ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...Z-CH-(Laser-Products-Switzerland)-*WORLDWIDE*

Fascinating find.

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
On the 6Z-CH, I was told years ago that CH was the Country Code for Switzerland
"Confoederatio Helvetica".

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, .ch is the top level domain on the 'Net for Switzerland, I believe.
Yes that is the TLD country code of swizerland.

But my quess is in that case the CH is more the
ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code. A flashlight does not a lot in common with the internet therefore I guess
it has nothing to do with Country code TLDs.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to revisit this thread regarding the pics i posted. I remember someone mentioning to me about lights with double etching but I can't remember if it was a thread here on CPF or a thread on Facebook.....Does anyone else have any lights with the double engraving on it like mine above?