Show your Solarforce Part II

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are the 3.7-8.4v. The new ones/versions. The only advantage I saw was that the XML did not heat up as much as the XPG and has a warm tint. Both using AW 18650 protected. I also tried using AW RCR123's, still the same, XPG defeated the XML. I got two XML's, 3-mode and the 5-mode and comparing it with my current XPG 5-Mode, XPG is brighter.

So, you used 2 x RCR123s and the XPG is still brighter than the XML? That's not right at all. The XML should be twice as bright. I could see that one 18650 battery may not push the XML to full brightness as it is designed to use up to 8.4v, but with two lithiums it certainly should. That's a real bummer as I just ordered a SF XML drop. It is the 3 mode 4.2v one, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
So, you used 2 x RCR123s and the XPG is still brighter than the XML? That's not right at all. The XML should be twice as bright. I could see that one 18650 battery may not push the XML to full brightness as it is designed to use up to 8.4v, but with two lithiums it certainly should. That's a real bummer as I just ordered a SF XML drop. It is the 3 mode 4.2v one, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Oops. Sorry, no I was actually using fresh SureFire CR123A, 3V each. Do I have to use an RCR123 3.7V to get the max output on the XM-L T6?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is pretty much what I was trying to get at. The power sources. I would try them again with the RCR123's and see. If not, then there is something wrong with the XM-L drop in. XP-G should not be brighter than an XM-L.

Oops. Sorry, no I was actually using fresh SureFire CR123A, 3V each. Do I have to use an RCR123 3.7V to get the max output on the XM-L T6?

Roood

Newly Enlightened
That is pretty much what I was trying to get at. The power sources. I would try them again with the RCR123's and see. If not, then there is something wrong with the XM-L drop in. XP-G should not be brighter than an XM-L.

Darn, I never realized that I didnt have RCR123s. WTH!

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dare I say that there is something wrong with the XML drop. Even with two primaries it should be brighter than the XPG. But that's just my two sents.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
@Kevin1322 & RI Chevy: Yes I was expecting the same thing even with the primaries the XML should be brighter. Read some reviews and discussions that the XML T6 is more flood and the XPG R5 is more spot. But regardless of their beam type I was still expecting that the XML should be more and a lot brighter. But I also read that some XML T6 lights that if using just CR123 and 18650 it wont attain the max output but if you use the 16340 or RCR123 then it gets there, thats why I was curious and if any of you would be so kind to please test it for me.

eg1977

Newly Enlightened
solarforce-collection-cpf-009.jpg

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHECK THIS!

I sanded Dremeled & polished my L2M head for EDC.

It's not perfect but only took an hour or so with my crummy tools.
Ok 2 hrs.

Edit:
Photos were too big sorry

I could've sanded it until there were no nicks and polished it with something besides toothpaste (works!)
It's fine for my use and actually looks pretty cool!!

I'm going to install a shorty zero res into the tail & run 18500/18490imr

It has an SS smooth ring and M61-219.

Cheers!

Last edited:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
How well do those work for lighting up stuff right next to them, and do they let lots of light go though the top? Also, how securely are they attached?
I would say they are very similar to the LT1 lantern in terms of lighting. It emits some lights on top. They are secure even if you hang it, but even more secure if you use it on L2T and L2X because of knurled heads.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I updated my L2M with a Z41 & zero-res shorty ;)

Works great with protected and IMR 18500!

Edit: photo removed -too big

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool looking little light there. Does that zero res shorty still have the momentary on capability? Or is it just a screw in?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just screws which is fine for thr single mode Malkoff M61-219 ;)
I'm probably selling the Malkoff & going to put a 2mode standard 219 module in.
The Malkoff is a little heavy for EDC.

I tried to install it into the Solarforce cap but the threads aren't anodized so it wouldn't work.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Just got a couple of L2M's

P1010418.jpg

I fitted the premium flush stainless bezel to one. Note individual serial no.

P1010419.jpg

Short. :)

P1010420.jpg

Pro-1. :D

P1010421.jpg

2x 18650 + Pro-1

P1010422.jpg

2x 18650, with alloy defensive bezel.

P1010423.jpg

This one has a low volt three mode SF XP-G. The other has a high voltage single mode XR-E from DX.

Very happy with the quality!

LV426

Enlightened
No no no! Not posting something like that without description or comments! :wtf: