Show your Solarforce Part II

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the Solarforce "L" series bezels SF "C" compatible?

Blitzwing

Enlightened
My new P1.

Here's mine. I ordered the desert tan model, though this seems to fall between the tan and the green models??

Anyway, I'm happy with it. Ran it as a search light out hunting foxes last night, the three mode low volt SF XP-G barely made the thing warm, and winked out at just over two hours use.

P1010261.jpg

P1010259.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010263.jpg

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're talking about the bezel, the crenelations, no. If you're talking the P60 head/housing, yes.

Very true. I was thinking just the bezel housing for the P-60 type drop ins. The bezel ends (smooth or crenelated stainless steel) no. I don't know why, but they are not threaded the same. :confused:

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Yes, it seems to be a bit dark, doesn't it?

I wasn't home when it was delivered, I called home from work and told my wife to get it out of the packet and have a look.

"It's sort of greenish brown....." she said.

So I asked my son who is a soldier and should know the difference between tan and olive.

"It's sort of greenish brown...." he said.

And it kind of is, though with more direct sunlight on it, it does look more brown than green. It's certainly not that light desert tan I expected.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
I dunno where you saw Tan as one of the P1 color options:thinking:. On the SF Sales website the color options listed are Black, Yellow, Brown, and Green:poke:.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
There's "brown" and there's "brown", isn't there? The "brown" P1 looks like a typical desert tan colour on the site. I ordered "brown" and what I got was the colour above - which doesn't look very "brown" nor does it look "green".

TBH I think it's closer to "green" and I'm beginning to wonder if I was sent the wrong colour host, as there's no indication on the package as to what colour the light inside should be.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
For those who have a L2T SS, can you pose a picture of it without the rubber cigar grip ring?

I'm ready to get one but would like to see a pic first coz I prefer it without the rubber cigar grip ring. Thanks!

don.gwapo

Enlightened
@Pat364, Thanks!

Nice to see that it has straight tube without the grip ring compare to the regular L2T which it doesn't.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
ma_sha1 said:
L1X 18350 Grenade:

You know you can't just post a photo like that with no explaination.. So I'll be the one to say it. Details please!!

Blitzwing

Enlightened
@LV426 those are nice. Your green one is definitely more green than my "brown" one which seems to look a little green in certain light.

LV426

Enlightened
Thanks, I'm really pleased with them.

Yes, it's "dark green" when looking at it (and side-by-side with the MXP sheath), there's no doubt about that.