Not open for further replies.

erlon

Newly Enlightened
L900M with GITD :nana:

l900mgitd.jpg

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
V004Small-6.jpg
Why is it my actual gunmetal L2/L2m don't look as tempting as your shots? :duh2:

Whats wrong with the shot ? Looks Great , I ordered the same Short Color / model after seeing this shot , so should have one more Shorty this week .

Also ordered the 18650 extension ... 2 x 18650 goodness !

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it my actual gunmetal L2/L2m don't look as tempting as your shots? :duh2:

Whats wrong with the shot ? Looks Great , I ordered the same Short Color / model after seeing this shot , so should have one more Shorty this week .

Also ordered the 18650 extension ... 2 x 18650 goodness !

That was what I meant, his shots look so good, they make my actual gunmetal look not-so-good. :grin2:

Btw, just realised a new Solarforce is out: T4
img2w.jpg

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many lumens will that be? :eek:oo:
And what does "KOPIS" in greek mean? :confused:

That would be 550-600 real lumens, about 800-900 bulb lumens...

KOPIS is the name of a Makedonian short combat sword...it was a bent style much like a king size Kukri....I am googling for a photo right now but no luck...

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be 550-600 real lumens, about 800-900 bulb lumens...

KOPIS is the name of a Makedonian short combat sword...it was a bent style much like a king size Kukri....I am googling for a photo right now but no luck...

:eek:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
????? Where did you find the picture ?

Cool, isn't it? :huh:

It's from Solarforce HK. (Sorry, no links will be given for this is not a solicitation nor advertisement but do a search and you'll find it)

It comes as a kit. Here're the specs:
- Uses a premium CREE 3W Q5 LED (WC-binned)
- 2 Flashlight modes + Headlamp + Lantern
- Uses either CR123A x1, 16340 x1 or AA x2 batteries (batterues not included)
- Two output levels: high (100%) and low (40%), with memory function
- Aluminum reflector with light orange-peel-textured reflective coating
- Aluminum alloy construction in military grade (HAIII) coating, up to 60um in thickness
- Length (AA x2) x diameter (head and battery tube): 162 x 28 x 20.5
- Length (CR123A/ 16340 x1) x diameter (head and battery tube): 100 x 28 x 20.5

img5zds.jpg

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Retail price for that kit will be under $85 USD

That includes everything listed/seen as well as the carry case.

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
Jake25

Could you please suggest to Solarforce that they produce a 1 x CR123 extension tube that will fit 18mm cells. I would like to Lego a Solarforce light to fit 2x18500 and that seems the best way to do it. Or they could make the L2M body wide enough for 18mm cells so I could add a 1 x18650 extender to achieve the same thing. A 2 x 18500 body would also be great but I imagine that would be too odd ball to be mass produced.

The T4 looks about surefire e series size. I wonder is T4 parts will be Surefire compatible like the L2 is with P series parts. Would be cool if it was.

jake25

Enlightened
I was just talking to Solarforce about that.

There have been previous issues with the L2m body and tailcap.

They're working on it as it is.

linterno

Enlightened
Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
The new Solarforce L950M disassembled. This is definitely one of their best products to date.

DSCN0614.jpg

sfl950m.jpg

Did you have to use much force to remove the LED+Heat-sink part from the head and the battery tube from the LED+Heat sink?

I had assumed that these components were expoxied since they didn't unscrew with a normal twisting force on mine.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have to use much force to remove the LED+Heat-sink part from the head and the battery tube from the LED+Heat sink?

I had assumed that these components were expoxied since they didn't unscrew with a normal twisting force on mine.

The trick to it is having good grip. The body is quite smooth and difficult to grip, so I used a pair of rubber textured work gloves. I had 2 to play with and neither one had thread lock on them.

Ebay dealer Flashlight Express has a wide selection and good prices on Solarforce products--the new T4 looks like yet another fantastic product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.