Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

vetkaw63

Enlightened
I ordered a Q4 bin for my Arc light mod. I will send it when you request.
Please EM or PM when you need the emitter.
Thanks,
Mike

Luff

Enlightened
Re: (Update) Pre-sales thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Me, too, please.
2-stage, 1.25W, 50 mA low, premium Q3

Please revise my order: both lights to have the highest bin available at build time. Low at 50 mA, high at 1 watt.

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (Update) Pre-sales thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Perhaps you could bump mine to a Q5 after hearing they are out there :)

gjg

Enlightened
With the Q3 bin the output estimates go as follows depending on Vf and other factors:

3/4 watt ~65-80 lumens
1 watt ~80-95 lumens
1.25 watt ~95-105 lumens
1.5 watt ~105-115 lumens

Options for low level output are 25mA, 50mA, or 75mA drive.
gjg 75, 1.50, Q3
MM - Please change my 75 to a 50 for a low, and as for bin go with a Q3, Q4, or Q5 - whichever you can get your hands on first...
THANKS,
Greg
"gjg"

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel free to take me name off the list. My $$$ have gone towards other endeavors at this point. Thanks for offering!

Daekar

Enlightened
If I heard correctly, the "Q5" will actually be called the "R2". I don't know for sure though.

They're actually separate bins. Cree stated that they expect the R2 bin, which will break the 100lm/watt barrier with a minimum luminous flux @ 350mA of 114 lumens (and should put out ~ 255 lumens @ 1000mA), to be available by the end of this year.

The Q5 bin is 94lm/watt, minimum luminous flux @ 350mA of 107 lumens.

The relatively newly announced Q4 bin is now available to any customer in numbers in excess of one million units a year, so it shouldn't be hard to get a hold of Q4s for people who want them.

Creebins.jpg

Last edited:

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd like to be the first to sign up for two of your R4 models, which i wouldn't expect to be made till 2008 or 2009.

i'm already signed up as first on the list for a couple of top-of-the-line Q models (Q5 hopefully!?!).

they will be used & enjoyed till your R4 versions become available.

Last edited:

aiouem

Newly Enlightened
Is there a revision for the runtimes and lumens produced based on the new emitters? i.e. is 25mA low now greater than ~4 lumens (higher output)? or does it run for more than 7 hours (more efficient)?

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
my existing millermods ArcAAA versions show that runtimes stay the same but the more efficent LEDs do run brighter.
ie: both my Luxeon S-bin and Cree XRE-P4 versions have 25mA lows but the cree is MUCH brighter.

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods,

What's the "official" policy towards the Q bins that have recently been announced? Way back when I got on the list, Q3 was the best thing we could aspire to. Now, there's rumblings (and actual sightings?) of Q4s and Q5s. When you get to down to my spot on the list, I'd like the best bin available, not just an oldschool Q3. ;)

I imagine I'm not the only one who wants the latest-greatest, but I'd hate to see you get deluged with a bazillion "please change my order" requests. Assuming that better-than-Q3 bins do show up shortly, might you consider globally upgrading all the Q# orders to whatever the new hotness is? Perhaps you could announce the price difference, and have those folks who don't want to upgrade contact you.

Then again, maybe you touch bases with all of us before you start construction. Orders could be adjusted at that point.

Just thinking out loud....

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think davenagy has a good idea. i also want the newest/bestest available LED at the time of production...

what do you say eric?

CodeOfLight

Newly Enlightened
I would also like to change to whatever is the latest. I certainly do not want a P4 anymore. ...Hey, I rhymed that time. Whoa, I did it again!

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Anyone receive one of these recently (last month or two)? I'm curious if progress is moving forward at all...

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Guys, Eric's doing the best he can. He doesn't take prepayment because he doesn't make a guarantee on delivery dates. His products are top-notch, and it'll be worth the wait - hence very rarely seeing his lights (even the LuxIII Arc AAA's) on BST! :shrug:

I can certainly understand being anxious to get his lights (I've been waiting since October), but when you finally get the light, you won't regret it. :)

john

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Guys, Eric's doing the best he can. He doesn't take prepayment because he doesn't make a guarantee on delivery dates. His products are top-notch, and it'll be worth the wait - hence very rarely seeing his lights (even the LuxIII Arc AAA's) on BST! :shrug:

I can certainly understand being anxious to get his lights (I've been waiting since October), but when you finally get the light, you won't regret it. :)

john

The millermods reputation is excellent and I'm sure when I get this light I will be 100% satisfied. I was just curious if production is on hold or whether he's moving through the orders slowly but surely.

stevevh

Enlightened
Hey Eric,

As others have requested, when the time comes to build my light could you please use the latest most efficient LED you have at that time.

No rush, and thanks for making these available,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.