Simple Thrunite TN4A questions

light_noob

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just ordered the cool white version of the Thrunite TN4A. I have 2 simple questions. The Thrunite TN4A comes with an o-ring. Do I have to install the o-ring for the light to be waterproof, or is it just a spare and it is waterproof right out of the box? I really don't want to have to instal the o-ring just to b able to go out in the heavy rain. Also, what kind of batteries are best for the TN4A? Thanks in advance!

DPRoberts

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just ordered the cool white version of the Thrunite TN4A. I have 2 simple questions. The Thrunite TN4A comes with an o-ring. Do I have to install the o-ring for the light to be waterproof, or is it just a spare and it is waterproof right out of the box? I really don't want to have to instal the o-ring just to b able to go out in the heavy rain. Also, what kind of batteries are best for the TN4A? Thanks in advance!

The light should come with an o-ring already installed - it will work out of the box. The extra is just a spare. As far as batteries, you'll need to use Eneloop Pros (or their equivalents) to get the runtimes specified by Thrunite, or in Selfbuilt's review (which you should read if you haven't yet). I'm using regular Eneloops in mine, as I already have a bunch of them & don't care enough about runtime to get Pros.

light_noob

Newly Enlightened
The light should come with an o-ring already installed - it will work out of the box. The extra is just a spare. As far as batteries, you'll need to use Eneloop Pros (or their equivalents) to get the runtimes specified by Thrunite, or in Selfbuilt's review (which you should read if you haven't yet). I'm using regular Eneloops in mine, as I already have a bunch of them & don't care enough about runtime to get Pros.

Thanks! If I can't get my hands on eneloop pros, is there another battery I can get that would have similar performance? For example, the Duracell/Energizer lithium batteries?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! If I can't get my hands on eneloop pros, is there another battery I can get that would have similar performance? For example, the Duracell/Energizer lithium batteries?

Go to your nearest Target or Walmart and get the Duracell Long Life Ion Core rechargeables. They will run you about $11.00 for 4, and most think they are just re-branded Eneloop Pro's. I use them and they work great! Just get a good charger. I would highly recommend that you pretty much never use alkalines in that light, or any other nice flashlight, unless you need them in an emergency. They have a tendency to leak and destroy lights!!

dmattaponi

Enlightened
The others have already answered your questions, so I'll just say congrats on your new light...it's a good one IMO. Also just FYI, I have 8 Eneloop Pros that I haven't used yet, just because the TN4A hasn't killed my regular Eneloops yet, in the amount of time I've used it so far, so if all one has is regular Eneloops, I think they do alright in the TN4A.

Last edited:

light_noob

Newly Enlightened
The others have already answered your questions, so I'll just say congrats on your new light...it's a good one IMO. Also just FYI, I have 8 Eneloop Pros that I haven't used yet, just because the TN4A hasn't killed my regular Eneloops yet, in the amount of time I've used it so far, so if all one has is regular Eneloops, I think they do alright in the TN4A.

Thanks! This isn't my first rodeo with this light, the reason I ordered another one is because I unfortunately lost my previous one :(

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amaloops* are another great alternative.

*(Amazon Basics rechargeable whites are made in Japan and have been tested on this site)