Surefire 6P questions

michiganstud

Enlightened
Other threads on the G2X/P2X lights suggested that they didn't put out the same lumens on a 16650 however I've just taken my G2X LE and Malkoff M61 MD2 outside to compare and even when swapping the LE from CR123's to a 16650 the LE is noticeably brighter than the M61. I didn't notice any reduction in the output between the two battery types on the LE.

You can pick up an LE for about $80 and an M61 module would be about $50 with shipping. The advantage of the G2X LE is that it has a higher light output and two modes, coming on in High mode first, the M61 drop-in would not be as bright and only has one mode.

Personally I'd go for the G2X LE, run it on a 16650 and carry the two CR123's it comes with for back up.

There have been two versions of the G2X LE and the latest has 600/15 lumens, don't get the less lumen version.

I've been running the G2x LE version for the last year and love it. I'm trying to decide on a battery system, rather than dropping in the surefires.

Either 2 Surefire rechargeable 123's or a 16650 from Orbtronic. Dunno which will be better???? Thoughts?

But as of late I'm looking at a Malkoff M61 fir my 6P. That's bored out for a 18650 batt.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been running the G2x LE version for the last year and love it. I'm trying to decide on a battery system, rather than dropping in the surefires.

Either 2 Surefire rechargeable 123's or a 16650 from Orbtronic. Dunno which will be better???? Thoughts?

But as of late I'm looking at a Malkoff M61 fir my 6P. That's bored out for a 18650 batt.
It really depends on the use you are going to put it to. If it is purely a back up light, should you main light go down, then I'd stick with the Surefire CR123 Lithiums. If you are using it regularly as an admin light, for instance, then I'd use a KeepPower 16650 2500mAh Li-ion battery, then carry the pair of CR123's for refueling on the go.

Stay safe out there.